Old Sherwood 5030R receiver

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
alboerner
Old Sherwood 5030R receiver

I've had this receiver for many years and I love it...but now when it is turned on it will turn back off after a few seconds...also front speakers not working...I found some little fuses in there...are they for the speakers?...one seems to be blown...

dans_repair_service
It is likely that there are

It is likely that there are more issues than just the fuse. Check the output transistors as well. Post here if you need more details.

Dan

alboerner
Thanks, Dan...I changed fuses

Thanks, Dan...I changed fuses and the unit no longer switches off...but there is still no output on the front speakers...the rears work fine and the center works when on 3ch stereo but no response from it, either, on the pro-logic...not sure where to find the output transistors, but I think can find a shematic online...do you know if those transistors can be obtained and if I could replace myself...?...

Thanks again...

al

dans_repair_service
I am not 100% familiar with

I am not 100% familiar with your specific model from memory here, but it is very unusual for just the outputs to get smoked. I will try to get a copy of the schematics to supply you the details.

Dan

alboerner
Thanks, Dan....will wait for

Thanks, Dan....will wait for you to contact with more details...

al

dbowling1
Dan, I want to check my fuses

Dan, I want to check my fuses on the Sherwood 5030r. Where are they located and how do I get to them?

Thanks

Connect With Techlore