The Sites New Look

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
evil
The Sites New Look

Im still getting used to it,but i like it.

Matt Whitlock
I'm glad you like it!

I'm glad you like it!

There are still some tweaks and fixes to be made here and there (I'm getting them in as fast as possible), so if you see anything that doesn't quite look right, please post it here to let me know.

This new design is going to open up several new ways we can enhance the user experience here. Keep an eye on the homepage as we work to customize the page modules and pretty things up a bit. And also keep your eye on the sidebar as you browse the site, which can now support cool modules to help you find like content, explore categories, and much, much more!

Stay tuned. This is only the beginning!

evil
Matt

Matt

I was uploading a manual the other day and noticed that the allowable file extensions runs off the page a bit.The site is looking better than ever.

Matt Whitlock
I'll take a look at the form

I'll take a look at the form on the uploads section and see if I can tidy it up. No doubt there are still a few areas here and there that are messed up from the skin change.

I'm hesitant to increase the max upload any more than it is now. I'd prefer to see if we can compress the manual in question, if possible. If not, I have access to alternative servers specifically configured for longer connection times. I'd prefer to use those for larger downloads. I'll send you a PM with instructions to send me the manual, and I'll figure out how I'd like to host it.

Guest (not verified)
I personally love the new

I personally love the new look and layout. It definitely makes the site easier to read.
The new side modules, as you call them, are very cool. I missed the 'Keeping your E-Wallet Secure' article and then saw it on the right side and got a chance to view it.

I would love to see more articles like that. They are extremely helpful!

evil
Matt,

Matt,
I recieved a private message the other day and can only read 3/4 of it. The ads on the right side over lap some of the words, The main one being facebook.

Matt Whitlock
Hi evil,

Hi evil,

I'm not seeing any issues with the sidebar overlapping the PM area. That doesn't mean you're going crazy, it just means I need some help to recreate what you're seeing.

Can you tell me what web browser you're using, and what your screen resolution is? If you can, also PM me a link to the specific conversation that was messed up. That will give me what I need to take a look at it.

evil
Im using Internet Explorer 8

Im using Internet Explorer 8 version 8.0.7600.16385
My screen resolution is 1280 X 800

Connect With Techlore