RCA 52" R52WM24, distored picture and colors

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
mare
RCA 52" R52WM24, distored picture and colors

I saw this original thread and was wondering if anyone has had any luck fixing their television.  The original one was closed out to any new posts and i am now having the same problem ( a red blue and yellow line at top of tv and the picture looks as if you are seeing it in 3-D) with my tv and was wondering if anyone knew how to fix it...

Thanks!!

evil
A picture would help as well

A picture would help as well as a link to the page you are referring to,it sounds like convergence IC's are bad,Google pincushion and convergence issue and see they match what your seeing on your set.

mare
Here is the original thread

Here is the original thread from this site...i hope this is the way so you can see it. Some of the convergence menu is also missing when i try to go into setup and fix it. Hope this link works

http://www.techlore.com/forum/thread/19915/RCA-52--R52WM24--distored-pic...

evil
If you are missing the option

If you are missing the option to converge,there are fuses next to the flyback transformer{very dangerous,do not attempt unless you know what you are doing or how to discharge it}fuse fl231 is the one you want,replace that fuse with RCA PART 259213 and reflow the solder connections of the flyback.

mare
Evil-

Evil-
Thank you for your response and solution, but in no way do I even know how or what your response means, so i guess im off to Best Buy to purchase a new tv :( Thought from the other thread that there might be an easy fix since everyone was getting some sort of instructions from a poster and having good results from it...oh well
Appreciate you trying to help tho~
thanks again

evil
Replacing a fuse is as simple

Replacing a fuse is as simple as it gets my friend.Its not very easy getting to this fuse I believe part of the board bracket is in the way on one of the leads of the fuse,the part shouldnt be over a few dollars,if you want to know what a flyback transformer looks like google has all the pictures you could ever want to see,also information is free here all you have to do is ask.The number I referred to above{fl231} is the number of the part in question on the board.If you google RCA PART 259213{replacement part} you can get a better understanding of what it looks like on the board and what you are looking for.other than that all you need are some of the most basic of soldering skills and tools.I checked in the download section of this site to see if he ever uploaded it but I guess he didnt,I am assuming that the documents he had came with pictures of the parts and boards and a step by step process to completing what I mentioned above,ill PM him and see if he will respond if he does ill ask him if he will upload the documents on here for everyone.Good luck on the repair if you so choose to take it on.

Connect With Techlore