mitsubishi ws-55517 problem - blue static

1 post / 0 new
aeneas3
mitsubishi ws-55517 problem - blue static

hi all

I think my hdmi port on my set went bad this morning. I was telling my brother-in-law that we have had the set for 5+ years and it has been reliable then an hour later we were seeing blue snow when playing on the 360. I have switched the cables, switched the sources, and changed the input type. All inputs work except hdmi. We were able to wiggle the hdmi input to get a good picture for about an hour then it went back to blue snow. I can sometimes get green snow as well (by snow I mean static). 

I am curious if anyone knows what this type of repair would cost if I were to get someone to do it OR how much it would cost AND the type of experience I would need to do it. I am comfortable with removing/installing pc components but do not solder (I need to learn some day.) Any help would be great. I did search the forum and saw a similar thread but not exactly the same problem. 

The TV is the WS-55517. I am going to run components for the 360 now but I have an hdmi switch and my receiver cannot pass hdmi -> component.

Any help would be wonderful. If there is another thread with this information please point me in that direction. Also, if anyone can recommend what to look for in a repair person should I not be willing to try this myself that would rock too.

thanks again

Connect With Techlore