Wavey lines on TV when you first turn it on

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
David A
Wavey lines on TV when you first turn it on

I have a Mitsubishi Projection TV model #WS-55813.
I had great luck following your directions for replacing capacitors to fix the notiorus blinking green light.
now I have a problem that I know will only get worse. when the TV is first turned on the picture has a lot of wavey looking lines on the screen.
this continues for only a minute or so until the picture clears up and works normal. the lines started a few months back, but everytime I turn on the TV I wonder if this is the time that the wavey lines don't stop or the picture goes out completely.
do you know what this could be or or how I can repair before losing the TV completely? your previous help was a great success, can you do the same this time?
David 

Clay CAC
did you ever recieve an

did you ever recieve an answer for this? I have this same issue. Thanks

Big Fe
If you check the thread on

If you check the thread on the WSxxx13 Mitsubishi, I believe you have the same problem with the 9V regulator on the signal board. It's probably intermittent. Sometimes I use freeze mist to identify these types problems, i.e., it goes away when you spray the correct component on the board.
The service manual is available from the Techlore site somewhere. The IC is available from Audio Labs of Georgia, I believe. Good luck!

Connect With Techlore