zenith iqd61w35 projection tv wont turn on

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
bondo343
zenith iqd61w35 projection tv wont turn on

hi,

i inherited a broken zenith iqd61w35 61" projection tv that wont turn on, and decided to take my first ever shot at circuit repair.

i pulled the back and pulled the power supply board. i thought i had a leaking capacitor, but it appears to just be some type of hot glue. i noticed many of the other caps also had globs of goo running down them and globbing on the board.

i looked on the bottom of the board and appears to be some soda residue or something around where the power cable hooks in to the other side

i've found some service manuals for other model zenith projection tvs, but cant find one for my model.

im new to circuit repair so im not really sure how to proceed.

is it okay to have big globs of glue running down capacitors and on the board itself?

attatchin a pic of the cap with the glue glob and the soda spill

if some1 could point me in the right direction, i'd be very grateful

thanks for the helpcap with glue

evil
The globs of glue are normal

The globs of glue are normal,as far as soda goes not shure about its conductive properties but it should be wiped off anyway,make shure those capacitors on the board are discharged before you do it.

bondo343
so someone said that that isn

so someone said that that isn't soda, but the board is fried in those areas and that's just the compound melting? can anyone confirm?

if so, im not sure how i'd go about finding the right power supply, as i've been unable to fiind one yet.

thanks

evil
What compound?The only thing

What compound?The only thing liquid in a projection tv is the coolant in the CRT's,that is highly corrosive and conductive,better hope its not that.If it is do your self the favor and toss the tv in the trash.

Connect With Techlore