KP-51WH40 chassis RA-6 convergence issue

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
shaboom280
KP-51WH40 chassis RA-6 convergence issue

i replaced both stk chips and checked all 6 pico on the d board and the 2 on the g board and still no change i got the tv for free off craigslist any ideas

evil
You may need to test the

You may need to test the resistors related to the convergence.

shaboom280
what resistors do i need to

what resistors do i need to check i check all resistors in line with picos on D board all seem to be well

any help would be great im lose just when you think i got it worked out i dont haha

thanks for your time

shaboom280
the red shadows everything it

the red shadows everything it seems dark picture as well

evil
Can you put a picture on here

Can you put a picture on here so i can see what you mean? Did you manually converge the colors after you replaced the stk chips?

shaboom280
im not sure how to manually

im not sure how to manually converge i dont have a remote 

also tv is a kp-51wh40

evil
You should be able to use the

You should be able to use the buttons on the panel to do a FLASH FOCUS, Have you tried to use AUTO FOCUS?To manually converge the colors you will have to go to SETUP-{I believe} in the menu.Try FLASH FOCUS first it should be one of the buttons on the panel.If that dont work then try to manually converge the colors in the SETUP,you may have to have a remote to move the colors any universal remote will work,if you do have to manually converge the colors and you try to move one and they dont move dont keep trying to move it because you may be changing the values but not seeing it on the screen due to a bad convergence circuit.

shaboom280
RA-6 is the chase #

RA-6 is the chase #

i tried flash focus many time didnt work

and i could not find anything under menu for manual convergence even under setup

evil
Please enable private

Please enable private messaging in your account.

evil
If you dont have a

If you dont have a CONVERGENCE option under setup in the menu,You will have to go into the SERVICE MENU and adjust the convergence manually there. Do you have the SERVICE MANUAL?

evil
It would be best if you had

It would be best if you had the factory remote control when messing in the SERVICE MENU as messing with the wrong catagory can render your tv NON FUNCTIONAL,On page 18 of the SERVICE MANUAL{if you have the same one i do}it gives you a run down on what the buttons on the remote do and how to enter the SERVICE MENU and how to navigate around.On page 39 it gives you the operation for adjusting the convergence.

shaboom280
i never got the original

i never got the original remote should i try and use universal

evil
As long as it has all of the

As long as it has all of the corresponding buttons that need to be used from the original remote,e.g. the numbers and mute,enter,menu,volume,joystick all have to work on the tv if you choose to use a universal.

shaboom280
when im at convergence there

when im at convergence there is lines that dont match up what should i do there ill post a pic

shaboom280
(No subject)

evil
Do not mess with the LIN of

Do not mess with the LIN of any colors, you want green CENT you may want to take the front screen off and cover the other colors with cardboard or something,Then make a center cross hair on the outside of the screen that you took off make shure its as close to center as possible,then put the front screen back on.Now all you should be able to see is the green crosshair from the green tube and your center mark on the screen.Align them and repeat the process for the the other colors

shaboom280
what cross hairs are you

what cross hairs are you talking about im lost sorry for me ignorace

evil
You should also write down

You should also write down all numbers before you adjust anything that way if all else fails you can always put it back to where it was,which i dont think it saves it unless you tell it to,which we will have to do when you have it set where you want it.The numbers on the top right are vertical left and right and horizontal up and down not shure about that order,its been a while since i adjusted a sony.

shaboom280
why are the lines at the

why are the lines at the right of the screen curvy like that

shaboom280
also is there any way that i

also is there any way that i could go black to factory settings and also how do you save and get out

and why are the lines curvy on the left side of the screen

so much to take in

shaboom280
(No subject)

zapdbf
If they are stationary and

If they are stationary and not moving, it is still a convergence issue, you can move the convergence off enough to cause this kind of wave. Set your cursor to green cover the other two tubes with cardboard, (it is just easier to do this) now adjust the green till it is straight across and looks lined up with the top and side. Remove the cardboard from the other two tubes and align them to the green.

Connect With Techlore