Mitsubishi 65513 turns on with remote only.

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
seniomsed
Mitsubishi 65513 turns on with remote only.

My Mitsubishi 65 inch rear projection turns on/off with remote only and works fine. When pressing the power button on front of TV causes the rapid blinking green light. Blinking light stops after a few minutes. Still will not turn on with power button unless using the TV's remote. The caps on the DM were replaced in 2008. This is for model 65513. Anyone have any repair suggestions? Please email Dave at [email protected] with suggestions. Thanks!

evil
Sounds like there was an

Sounds like there was an error left in the service menu,clear them and try agin.

seniomsed
Thanks evil for your

Thanks evil for your suggestion. How do I clear the error in the service menu?
Using the remote to turn it on causes the rapid blinking green light. Then I have to press reset for 10 seconds. Once I release the button the green light blinks for a few minutes and then I can turn it on with the remote. Pressing the ON button on the TV only results in the blinking green light and will not turn on after it quits blinking. Does this still indicate the service menu needs cleared or could the problem be something else? Thanks!-Dave
[email protected]

evil
When you try to use the

When you try to use the remote to turn it on how many times does/how long does it blink? Do you have the SERVICE MANUAL for your tv? Theres also a netcommand operation that the remote can be in?

seniomsed
evil, the green light rapidly

evil, the green light rapidly blinks for at least 2 minutes and stops , then the TV turns on by itself. It just started turning on by itself yesterday after blinking for a few minutes. Any ideas? Thanks!

evil
According to page 38 of THE

According to page 38 of THE MANUAL
this is normal for the led to blink for a minute while the circuitry boots up.Bootup occurs the first time the tv is plugged in,and if the tv is in low energy mode when the power button is pushed.

evil
On page 73 of the manual

On page 73 of the manual which I left you the link for above.... If the tv comes on and then goes off it will leave an error code when it does this,press and hold the menu and device button for 5 seconds and the led will flash an error code that will indicate why tv shut off.

wizard4nh3
i have a WS 65813 and iwas

i have a WS 65813 and iwas messing around with the coveragece and was trying to get the green sqare and the screen went black and the tv shut off.and now it won't come back on it makes a click around he red CRT when it comes on for 1 to 2 seconds and goes back off.do you have any ideas on what ive done and how to fix it.

wizard4nh3
menu0359 i could barly see

menu0359 i could barly see the picture in was just a ghost out line it was getting better and then i had fliped the blu and red grid so i tried to do the same with the green.it was gave to me because of the blinking light problem and the repairman from mitsubishi left all the wires un pluged among other things but i fixed that.i si 16ft from my tv that is 26in and was hoping ive not messed it up .

evil
Will it not let you back into

Will it not let you back into the service menu?

wizard4nh3
it wont turn on when you

it wont turn on when you press the power button theres a click and the tv cuts off.the click soundcomes from behind the red CRT.is there a way of doing a master reset

evil
Not without being able to

Not without being able to enter the service menu. I do recall a pin you can short to reset the EEPROM but I don't remember what model or even brand that it was, I'll see if I can scrounge up some info on it. Have you tried seeing what error it gives you? By holding input and device on the tv for 6 seconds?

wizard4nh3
its gave 12,22 i have the

its gave 12,22 i have the training manual and service manualit says
but are they meaning cut the diode or can i make a jumper alsothere schematics are not the best

Troubleshooting problems in the CRT Protect, Deflection
Loss Detection and the Deflection circuits,
sometimes involves disabling the CRT Protect circuitry
and then Powering up the TV.
However, first disable the CRTs to prevent any
possible phosphor damage.
1) Unplug the SP connector at the PCBCRT(
R). This removes the filament voltage
to all three CRTs.
2) Remove zener diode D5A13 on PCB-MAIN.
This disables the CRT Protect circuit.
The set then can be switched on for troubleshooting
without damaging CRT phosphors.

evil
22 is short protect not loss

22 is short protect not loss of deflection even still disabling the crt's aren't going to allow you to view anything to reset it so what good is that going to do?

Connect With Techlore