51ws500 Capacitor issue

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Commanche
51ws500 Capacitor issue

Replaced flyback and when I powered up the C8056 capacitor popped.

I am going to replace it but I am asking the question does anyone think that there may be another problem?

When I powered up I heard a relay clicking on and off from the back of the set. Possibly off the G board. The "magic" smoke rolled as I unplugged the set. It was near the new flyback.

I pulled the D board and desoldered the new flyback to check if there was a issue under it. No issue there. Resoldered it back onto the board. Noticed the popped Capacitor.

Any help as to where else I should look.

BTW...magic smoke comes out of anything electrical and that piece no longer works.

Need to maintain a little sence of humor when things don't go as planned.

Commanche
OK update. I replaced the

OK update. I replaced the smoked cap on the D board. Replaced it back into the unit. Now I have no power coming off the G board. Yippee.

Seriously I checked the RY6002 thinking it was bad. it is not pulling in. No power going to it. i have checked almost every circuit trying to figure out what up with this board.

I have the board out of the set and now I am wondering if it needs to be in the set to pull the first relay in.

I had it in the set. All wires that where needing to be attached was. Still it will not power up off the front button or remote. Been thru the tech manual and I am still missing something. It will not power up. No clicks no nothing.

Any help please would be appreciated.

Connect With Techlore