? about a KP-43ht20

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
mrnismo02
? about a KP-43ht20

I just aquired this set and have been researching the convergence repair, all the symptoms are there. so i proceeded to get the board out and check the fuses before i ordered the repair kit and all the fuses are good is this possibly and indication that i may be chasing the wrong problem. also the chips also have a pink mark on the soldering pad, does this mean they have been replaced before? thank you 

CVinje
I don't think you "have" to

I don't think you "have" to have had a failure of fuses for the IC's to fail. You will also want to check any associated resistors that are in circuit with the IC's - you can find those by referencing the service manual; which I found here on the site for you if you don't have one already. You'd probably be best off to order the repair kit from tvrepairkit.com as it will come with all the likely parts that need replacing, heatsink compound (which you MUST use), and the IC chips (quality ones, not cheap knock-offs).

Hope this helps, best of luck to you!

CVinje

easyab
Hi,

Hi,

The Red Marks on the board are from the factory to indicate that quality control visual checks of the areas that cause most problems have been completed. 

Experienced technicians will clean the Red Marks and the PC board where soldering has to be done after removing the ICs. The ink and other crud contaminates the solder and can cause messy or questionable solder connections.

If one color is misaligned, there is a good chance one fuse under the Heatsinks is open, if more than one color is misaligned, probably power supply fuse and maybe fuse(s) under the Heatsinks.  Very unlikely that resistors have opened as the double fusing protects them in this circuit.

Many people replace ICs, fuses and resistors and still have problems.  Many sources of ICs on the Internet provide Dud (not working) or poor quality or wrong substitute ICs. Also damage to the board can occur when removing or damage to nearby "thin film" resistors and capacitors occur when soldering. 

Beware.

easyab

Connect With Techlore