Audiobahn 1600v Popping Fuses - Need Help Figuring Out Why

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
bull28
Audiobahn 1600v Popping Fuses - Need Help Figuring Out Why

first of all wanted to say hi for making me a member

well besides that i have a problem with some car amps, wanted to know who might help me?

bull28
ok i have an audiobahn 1600v

ok i have an audiobahn 1600v amp that i need to fix i bought all brand new pcs but for some how ,when i connected it will blow out the fuses

Matt Whitlock
Hi Bull21,

Hi Bull21,

Welcome. If I can offer you a few tips... First, you may want to post a relevant title, and it would also help to post your question. It might better get the attention of the community. ;-)

Matt Whitlock
Hi Bull28,

Hi Bull28,

TechLore is a forum. You'll want to post your questions here so others can read and engage you in discussion here, that way no one is sharing personal information.

It's pretty clear you're new to the whole forum thing. Please check out our getting started doc (http://www.techlore.com/article/10219/What-is-TechLore-/) and Community FAQ to help you get going.

bull28
ok i call myself a repair

ok i call myself a repair genius but i'm not i love car audio but my degree is creating programs,well thats what not i'm in here ,like i said before i have a car amp its an audiobahn 1600v ,i had to buy the whole parts brand new so i can make it work now but when i finished sodering the parts and i plug in the power ,about 10 seconds my fuses would pop so what makes it pop and no sound would come on the parts i bought was

12 2STC4467 also known as k-d718--0532

12 fqp50n06 the same anywhere they sell parts

4 STTH2003C also known as fr1003c

bull28
ok i call myself a repair

ok i call myself a repair genius but i'm not i love car audio but my degree is creating programs,well thats what not i'm in here ,like i said before i have a car amp its an audiobahn 1600v ,i had to buy the whole parts brand new so i can make it work now but when i finished sodering the parts and i plug in the power ,about 10 seconds my fuses would pop so what makes it pop and no sound would come on the parts i bought was

12 2STC4467 also known as k-d718--0532

12 fqp50n06 the same anywhere they sell parts

4 STTH2003C also known as fr1003c

DGINSD
When you say your fuses would

When you say your fuses would pop are you referring to the built in's, on the amp or an in line on your power cable? What amperage and is it the recommended amperage and are you also using the suggested gauge power cable power and ground, for the length of your run? All of this will factor in. Just out of curiosity why did you replace so many transistors in the amp?

Connect With Techlore