Toshiba 50hx81 red blinking light

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Matt1096
Toshiba 50hx81 red blinking light

I have a 50" rear projection toshiba Model number 50hx81 about a week ago my mother shut it off and when she tried to turn it back on the power light went on for roughly 3 seconds then it started flashing there was no picture or sound and also there was no turning off the red light unless you unplugged it... and if you did unplug it and try to turn it on then it sounded like it would turn on but then the light would start start flashing and there was no picture I looked up online what other people were saying and alot of them were saying it was the convergence... I called our local tv shop and they said $70 to come look and about $300 to fix if that's the problem... I decided I'm pretty handy and would try my hand at it... I bought a kit from www.tvrepairkits.com and that came with two convergence chips and 8 resistors... I couldn't pinpoint the resistors on the board so I decided it wasn't worth the chance of replacing those in the event that I would choose the wrong ones... The convergence replacement appeared to go well but when I started the TV that stinkin light was still blinking... we are just about to trash the TV so this will be the last shot... I'd like this last shot to stay within $30-$40 anything more the TV is just not worth anymore... Please help... Thanks, Matt

Alnp
Tell Mom it wasn't her fault.

Tell Mom it wasn't her fault.

The Toshiba 50Hx81 uses the 50H81 manual, with some parts differences listed in the 50Hx81 manual.
Look in the downloads section for TOSHIBA 53H81CD schematics, and soon for the service manual, which will help you find the components. Ask the repair kit seller for instructions and illustrations on the resistors and fuses.

Look for broken solder joint problems, which will require you going over all boards, starting with the power section, with a 10x magnifier. Use a red Sharpie to mark the end of every cracked solder joint you find as you inspect with the magnifier.

TommyTester
Most likely bad solder joints

Most likely bad solder joints on the power board main caps. They then result in blowing out some fuses. There is an extensive discussion in the threads.

You will need several documents and plan to spend a good deal of time.

Having done it twice it would take me several hours to do it again but I would if I had to.

Larry is the expert.

I had to fix mine twice.

Tom_K
I have looked at many of the

I have looked at many of the other posts, and I am trying to find Plug P807 to unplug it, turn TV on, and see if my convergence IC's are bad..But, I cannot find this plug anywhere. Can someone help me get to it by physically describing where it is on the chassis, or some other visual descriptive way?

Oh, toshiba 50H81, currently apart in my living room.

Connect With Techlore