Sony Wega KDF-E50A10 Blinking 4 times

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Virginia N
Sony Wega KDF-E50A10 Blinking 4 times

I WAS WATCHING TV WHEN A MESSAGE "HIGH TEMPERATURE WARNING" APEARS. IT STATES TO VACUME ANY DUST FROM VENTILATIONS SLOTS...THEN SHUT OFF. NOW IT'S BLINKING 4 TIMES.

THE TV WASN'T REALLY DUSTY AT ALL AND HAS GOOD VENTIALATION. THIS MORNING IT CAME BACK ON FOR ABOUT 1/2 HOUR AND DID IT AGAIN. SHUT OFF AND NOW BLINKS 4 TIMES.

SO I TOOK AN THE BACK PANEL OFF THE TV AND CLEANED ALL THE DUST OFF THE FAN AND VACUMED THE BACK OF THE TV. I CLEANED THE WHOLE THING. PUT THE BACK COVER BACK ON AND THE TV WORKED.

FOR ABOUT 1/2 HOUR. NOW IT JUST BLINKS 4 TIMES. I TRIED RESETTING IT BY UNPLUGING IT BUT IT STILL NOT COMING ON AT ALL NOW.

HELP! I REALLY CAN'T AFFORD A TV REPAIRMAN RIGHT NOW, BUT WILL IF I HAVE TO. THE TEMP WARNING ONLY CAME ON THAT FIRST TIME. AFTER I CLEANED IT, IT JUST SHUTS OFF AND STARTS BLINKING. IM HOPING IT ONLY NEEDS TO BE RESET BUT UNABLE TO DO SO.

IS THERE A MAGIC RESET BUTTON ON THIS I DON'T KNOW ABOUT?

vwmama
I am having the same problem

I am having the same problem with mine and I can not figure it out for the life of me and I am in same boat as you can't really afford a repair man right now.
Please somebody helps us out.

vwmama
I am having the same problem

I am having the same problem with mine. I have tried everything i can think of and nothing works. I am also in the boat as you and really cant not afford a repair man right now. Someone please help us if you can.

virginia99
I had the tv guy over $95.00.

I had the tv guy over $95.00. This was the diagnose fee (lol). If I wanted it fixed the 95 would be applied to the 225.00 charge to replace the fan on the left side of the back of the tv.
Instead of paying them to order the fan and come back out, he gave me the part number so I could order it myself and put it in (4 screws). The cost of the fan is about $38.00.
When I took the back of my tv off, it was covered in dirt. So where the fans. There is one on the left side and one towards the middle. After cleaning it all I did get it to work for a while. The fan was not workign and the tv get overheated, that is what the 4 blinks mean, overheating.

GOSKERS
I just finished vacuuming the

I just finished vacuuming the TV out and it still does it do you happen to have the part numbers to the parts that you ordered and where did you order them at????????? Thanks

Connect With Techlore