62HM195 with Strange error code

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
enbee
62HM195 with Strange error code

Hi:

I have had my TV for about 5 years. It has seen 3 house moves and apart from having put in 3 bulbs I have been very happy with it. I put the last bulb in it about 3 weeks ago and everything was fine. I tried to turn it on today and I got the error code for a bad bulb. I took the bulb out and inspected it, and it looked fine. (The last two had imploded). After reseating the bulb a few times, now my TV immediately switches off, switches back on and the blue light stays on but the yellow light blinks 3 times then repeats.

I have looked in the service manual and that pattern is not in there. I have Googled it (which led me to this forum) but I am beginning to think I am the first with this particular error code :)

Before I start to take it apart, does anybody know what it means, or can at least start me out in the right direction?

Thanks

jamm
I been having the on/off

I been having the on/off,channel changing problem with my RCA and after reading some took the cover off and sprayed electrical contact cleaner on all the tact switches so far so good.Why I think it is the tact on/off switch once the tv's on you can't turn it off by the switch.If the cleaner doesnt work I'll remove the tact switch.Great advice was ready to purchase new tv.

Connect With Techlore