Sony kp-57ws500 blinks 6 times

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
chugbug10
Sony kp-57ws500 blinks 6 times

I have Sony kp-57ws500 with no picture and blinks 6 times.  I am trying to find a service manual for this unit.  Have plenty of experiance with HV electronics and have the needed tools to repair the unit.  My electronics background is not in TV's but have repaired O'scopes, Spectrum Analyzers and just about every other kind of measuring equipment in the past.  Based on what I have read, the 6 blinks is a problem with Horizontal.  I have checked all the pico-fuses and the main fuse with none blown, this includes the ones by the convergance chips. I changed the convergance chips as I had an extra set that purchased when I repaired my other Sony unit(by replacing the convergance chips) and performing the convergance alignment.  Looks better than it did when I bought it new, thanks to the info I have found on this site.  Any help would be greatly appreciated and can give feed back on just about any test & measurement equipment questions.

dybas
I have a service manual if

I have a service manual if you'd like to send me your email address.
I am having the same trouble with my tv can you tell me where to located the pico and main fuses.
Thanks Mike

chugbug10
Mike, thanks for responding. 

Mike, thanks for responding.  Sorry it took so long to
get back to you.  I would appreciate the manual.  The Pico Fuses are
on both the power supply board and the D board.  If you will give me a day
or so, I will take some pictures for you pointing them out.  I need to
pull my boards back out of the TV.  I thought changing the chips would
probably fix the problem but I think I have a shorted component
somewhere.  What are the symptoms of your TV's problem? 
[email protected]

MDs1
To Mike,

To Mike,

I would like to have a copy of the service manual for Sony KP57-sw500 also. May I request you to please e-mail me the service manual to [email protected] please? Many thanks for your help.

Best.

Mileno

BFH
could u please send me a copy

could u please send me a copy too... [email protected]

BFH
coukd you please send me a

coukd you please send me a copy too.. [email protected]

Connect With Techlore