all techs and fellow members

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
all techs and fellow members

if antone would happen to have a copy of these Mitsubishi DM board service manual or the schematic. could you please post it on the technicians corner?? the 7 or 4 cap version or any infornation you might happen to have could you PLEASE post it here??? THANKS in advance.

Larry Dillon.Cool

Nikisky
Hi Larry, I saw your replys

Hi Larry, I saw your replys to fixing Mitsubishi circuit board. I have the WD52525.
Could you email me a repair manual and how to fix the various circuit boards. We just got gauged $450 for

Nikisky
It didn't print the whole

It didn't print the whole message: We got gauged $450 for "the circuit board" and don't believe it will last. We understand that ALL of the capacitors should be changed. Our email is: [email protected]
Thank you! Niki

Nikisky
It didn't print the whole

It didn't print the whole message: We got gauged $450 for "the circuit board" and don't believe it will last. We understand that ALL of the capacitors should be changed. Our email is: [email protected]
Thank you! Niki

slaudahl
Looking for Larry or anybody

Looking for Larry or anybody else that may be able to help. I have a Mits WS-55511 and had to replace the convergence chip with the kit offered at http://www.tvrepairkits.com/. I replaced the chip and the pico fuses but not the blue ones because I wasn't sure how to test them. The kit comes with 6 of the blue ones but the board has 12. I'm guessing that not all need to be replaced therefore need to be tested which I'm not exactly sure how to do. Anyway, Now when I plug in the set, the green light flashes for 45 seconds and then stops. Then, when I try to power-on the set I get the green light for three seconds and then it goes off. I did the error code check and it comes back with error code 12. I've pulled the DM Board, located the 7 capacitors and they appear to be okay. No bulging, swelling, blown tops or leakage. Is there a way to test the caps to see if they really need replacing? I understand that there may be a couple bad SMD Fuses on the board as well because the blinking green light kit at http://www.tvrepairkits.com/ comes with the caps and SMD fuses. Can you point out these fuses to me and tell me if there is a way to test them as well? I have the service manuals and schematics along with a handy multi-meter that I borrowed from a friend. Now I'm ready to proceed with the diagnostics. If you could help me out with a little advice and guidance, I would very much appreciate it. You can post here, send me an email or contact me by phone. Whichever you prefer. If anybody out there needs the schematics or service manual, please feel free to contact me with your email and I will gladly send them to you. Thanks for everyones help and input with this awful problem. I've made it this far with the set and look forward to enjoying it again sometime soon. HOPEFULLY!!!

Larry Dillon
sorry for the delay in

sorry for the delay in answering very busy weekend, doing taxes but you need to go to tvrepairkits.com/helpdesk and start a repair/trouble ticket please you will be helped there, just a hint if I am not mistaking this model has the three boards mounted across the flat chassis and this is the middle board they have those white flex jumpers on both sides of this board 90% of the time the misalignment of reinserting these flex cables on ether side or they get bent and sometimes broken, best way to check these are with a continuity/ohm meter test from one pin on one board over to the same pin number to other board for continuity or you can simply start over and unplug them all and look at each pin and make sure it is not bent over or broken and if all looks good reinsert them all with a good strong light and with great care making sure they are lined up properly , now the green light should flash for about a minute or so as soon as you plug in the set! GOOD LUCK!!!
Larry Dillon

slaudahl
Thanks for the reply Larry.

Thanks for the reply Larry. You are correct about the model being the one with the three boards. Does this mean that you think my DM Board is not the problem? If so, then I will put the set back together and re-check the jumpers as you suggested. Again, thanx for you time.

Larry Dillon
yes triple check them very

yes triple check them very careful and make sure none are bent or broken, and did you already swap-out/change out the caps inside the dm or what did you do to this set

Larry Dillon
also to test the smd fuses

also to test the smd fuses simply test the continuity across the fuses.

Malletslinger
Like slaudahl, I'm looking

Like slaudahl, I'm looking for Larry or anyone else that may be able to help. I have been trying to locate a service manual for an old Mitsubishi VS-6061 that I've been working on. I have tried contacting Mitsubishi a couple times, but I never hear back from them... Does anyone have a copy of this manual?

Larry Dillon
you can go to

you can go to
tvrepairkits.com and then to the contact us button and ask for the pdf copy of the service manual. there is a small fee of 9.95 for this manual you will not get the discounted price if you do not mention my name. thanks and good luck

Larry Dillon
double check that model

double check that model number please!!!
Larry D.

Malletslinger
That is the correct model

That is the correct model number VS-6061...The strange thing is that service manuals for these TVs usually contain information regarding a few different model number TVs but I think the service manual for this television only covers this specific model number... VS-6061 of chassis VZ1B

I don't mind paying for the manual if they do actually have it...

Malletslinger
Hey Larry, tvrepairkits.com

Hey Larry, tvrepairkits.com just responded to my inquire and they said they donÂ’t have the service manual for this setÂ… Do you have any other ideas on where I can find this manual?

JKlineelectricltd
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,
Just trying to help a neighbor, he also has the infamous blinking green light for the model WS-65513. Could you send me the repair guide? Thanks Joe

Vik3896
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
My name is Vik and I've been recently having the blinking light issue on out Mitsubishi WS-65869. I would appreciate it if you are still able to send me the instructions for the fix. I would also need a service manual if it's not too much trouble. The tv has been out of service for 6 months and it doesn't seem fixable. I considered buying the green light kit from techlore.com. Can I do it myself with the kit or will I have to take the module to an electronics store for trouble-shooting first?

Thank so much

evil
Larry is no longer with us

Larry is no longer with us http://www.techlore.com/forum/thread/30723/Farewell-Larry/ it depends on what blinking light error you have if it's a constant blinking then you need to replace the capacitors even taking the board and parts to repairman will save you buckets of money on the labor if you go to radio shack they may have a tool called a desoldering iron for around 10$ if you choose to do it yourself. You can find all of the documentation on the repair from the resources tab in the technicians corner. I wasn't aware that techlore sold these kits but you can get them anywhere and most come with instructions. If you need a source I can post one for you.

evil
Larry is no longer with us

Larry is no longer with us http://www.techlore.com/forum/thread/30723/Farewell-Larry/ it depends on what blinking light error you have if it's a constant blinking then you need to replace the capacitors even taking the board and parts to repairman will save you buckets of money on the labor if you go to radio shack they may have a tool called a desoldering iron for around 10$ if you choose to do it yourself. You can find all of the documentation on the repair from the resources tab in the technicians corner. I wasn't aware that techlore sold these kits but you can get them anywhere and most come with instructions. If you need a source I can post one for you.

Connect With Techlore