Mitsubishi dlp blue screen

1 post / 0 new
DLPneo
Mitsubishi dlp blue screen

My new mitsu WD-73737 seems to lose or not recognize input signals from my blu-ray disc player sometimes.   It will go to blue screeen and after some minutes will message "no input detected, TV will shut down in 1 minute". 

This will happen if I stop a BD movie and try to get a BD menu onscreen, or it happens if a movie download is stopped.   Once it happens, then no action from the BD player can activate the tv again.  But if I switch activity to TV, no problems...TV picture is perfect.  

I have tried:
- changing BD player (3 brands), same problem
- changed from BD-HDMI-AVR-HDMI-TV to BD-HDMI-TV direct connection
- changed HDMI cables
- turning TV and/or BD player off/on (cable input works perfectly)
- all BD player buttons (on, off, reset, set up, stop, play, etc)
- changing activity from TV to Movie back and forth

Example: plugged in a new BD player last night (3rd brand, 5th BD player in 2 weeks).  Hooked up player to TV via HDMI, assigned inputs and turned on BD player...no problem...played couple minutes of a disc, then decided to try a downloaded movie.   Could not get the BD player set up menu to show on the TV...just blue screen.   When I turned the BD player off and on, the initial start up screen from the BD player (with the BD player logo) shows on the TV, but when the BD player finishes booting, it will show "no disc" and the TV goes to blue screen again.  Tried all the above tricks nothing worked until I swapped inputs and tricked the TV into thinking it was a new device.  But this problem has happened on all inputs after a while.

What am I missing?

Connect With Techlore