Mitsubishi WS-65513 good buy or not? all comments welcome!!

1 post / 0 new
BurgsideTiger
Mitsubishi WS-65513 good buy or not? all comments welcome!!

Hi guys, this is my first thread, and post here. Based on other threads, I feel that there are some real top notch guys on here who really know their stuff. So Hopefully I can get some help on this one, because I am torn.

As you can probly tell from the title, I am thinking about buying a mitsubishi ws65513. I have found a guy who wants to sell one for 400bucks. I am going to go over to his house in a few days to have a look at it, ask him some more questions, and give it a good once-over. So the following are some questions that I need answered, and some general guidance on what I am getting myself into. I have moderate knowlege on computers and general electronics such as radios, dvd, cd and mp3 players, and televisions, so feel free to geek it up, if there is something I do not understand, I will ask.

So first off, how does anyone feel about this model? Pros, and cons? I am not looking to buy something that is junk, but at the same time I do not have the funds to go out and buy my dream tv, which is around a few thousand dollars at best.

I do not know exactly how old this model is, I read that it was released somewhere around 2003. So what are some of the repairs that come with something that old. The seller did mention that his father had a repair man come and clean the lenses afew weeks ago, so the picture quality is very much improved.

I had read that the tv is 480, 720, and 1080dpi. So my question is how would this resolution compair with some of the newer tvs that advertise the same resolutions? I understand that newer is better, but I need some help on understanding this better. Does this tv have hdmi inputs? If not, how can you get 1080dpi out of something without hdmi?

What things should I look for when I check this tv out? I know I am looking for scraches and stuff, but what are some signs that the tv is going bad, or had something wrong with it? Blinking lights? Humming noise? Anything you can tell me would really help.   

I realize that there are a bunch of questions on this one thread, but I really would like to make an educated decision. I figure that this $400 tv would be a good tv to have for a few years, and my girlfriend would love to have a tv this big (as would I). Please give me some help. I have seen some real helpers on here, like I said before, any help at all would go a long way.

Thanks Guys!!!

Connect With Techlore