60" Magnavox Projection Convergence?

1 post / 0 new
NateDog
60" Magnavox Projection Convergence?

Model # 60p8241

Chassis# PTV910

I thought that my TV needed a convergence chip change out so i replaced the chips and Resistors. After the change i didn't notice any change at all and ended up buying the entire board (not simply the ic chips but the entire board) from ebay. I noticed the convergence was "trying" to converge as the lines across the screen moved but never came together. Using the service manual i tried to do a complete convergence and geometry setup as stated by the manual but to no avail. I traced voltages from the rectifier to the ICs to ensure they were recieving the appropriate amplifier rail voltages (-32V and 32V). A this point i'm not sure what to do. I notice disscussions about using stricly Sanyo chips but i'm not %100 sure if these are Sanyo or knockoffs. I tried to attach a picture of the TV but it didn't work and i also have the service manual if someone wants to look at it. At this point i was considering replacing the ICs with known Sanyo ones and the resistors too but i don't want to sink anymore money into it. Suggestions?

Thanks so much, tired of it not working....

Desrciption: Bow like effect for all three colors. Distinct lines of each of the colors in an hourglass like effect. Can't seem to converge the colors, when trying to converge B and R to G nothing moves. Suspect that the ICs are bad and after replacement do a complete convergence reset in the service menu and try to move R and B to G.

Connect With Techlore