A Thanks and a question. Mits WS65909

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wizbangdoodle
A Thanks and a question. Mits WS65909

I recently had my WS-65909 go dead.  When I would power it up the green light would come on for about 2 seconds and then go out.  Being that I used to service consumer electronics many years ago ('97 was the last year I did it for a living), I had some sort of idea of what to do.  Of course I tried unplugging it and stuff like that.  No luck.  So I started searching the net.  I stumbled onto Techlore and found a full write-up for my set and its problem.  After ordering the parts and installing them, my set is back up and working thanks to Techlore.

I do have a question about my set.  I haven't setup a big screen for over 15 years, and when I did do it they used a board you pulled out of the front of the set with a bunch of pots on it that you made your adjustments with.  So I was wondering if there was anyone out there that has a "routine" they go through when setting up a big screen such as convergence etc.  If you have any suggestions, please reply.

I also have a black bar at the top of my screen.  It seems the vertical is misadjusted because when I pull up the guide for my satellite, the top of it is cut off.  When I try to adjust it in the service menu it just kind of bounces around, but does not move.  I think I may have a problem in the vertical circuit.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Wizbangdoodle
Seems that I had to unplug

Seems that I had to unplug the set for a few minutes and plug it back in to get rid of the vertical issue I was having. Now I would like to find a monochrome test pattern to set other things up. Anyone have a video of one I could make a DVD out of?

Alnp
the V19 service manual is in

the V19 service manual is in the Techlore download section, and available here.

http://www.techlore.com/group/2/list_downloads?r=1252040508984

owners manual here.

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/index.php?what=search2&searchstring=WS-55859...

Try adjusting convergence from the user menu

Connect With Techlore