WS-65907: Working, then shutting down after Covergence IC replacement

1 post / 0 new
YouBetcha
WS-65907: Working, then shutting down after Covergence IC replacement

After changing both convergence ICs, picofuses F9A04 and F9A05, and what appeared to be damaged capacitors C8C03 and C8C05, TV worked great for several days, however, I found it completely unresponsive this morning. I would get the "three blink processor OK indication when first plugged in", but within about 15 seconds, the thing is completely unresponsive. If I do a "input-menu button" status check within that 15 seconds, I still get a "1-2: system OK code". It would shortly become unresponsive again, requiring me to unplug and plug back in to get any response at all.

I disassembled everything again, rechecked the solder work, IC heat sink, and fuses, put everything back together, and it powered up and worked fine... for about 3 minutes, then same thing.

After the last time it quit, I haven't been able to get the "three blink processor OK", so I may have killed the processor with all the troubleshooting plugs and unplugs. The system appears to have standby power, since the back of the CRT's have their orange glow despite the fact that the front panel led, buttons and remote do nothing.

Any suggestions? Time for a trip to the landfill? Hack in a 65" aquarium?

Connect With Techlore