JVC plasma PD-42wv74 no video but audio is fine

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jonwal1
JVC plasma PD-42wv74 no video but audio is fine

The tv and seperate receiver will both power up but there is no display on the screen.  No video or channel number etc.  The audio works fine and the tv will change channels and inputs.  I have a service manual and testers if has seen a similar problem please sahre your experience.

Thanks - Jon

Jonwal1
If the unit is unplugged

If the unit is unplugged overnight it will display for about 10 seconds before it turns off. I checked all the fuses and removed the power board to check for cold solder joints. One thing I find odd is i have 123 vac coming in at the main fuse, but when I power it up I only have 120 for a split second then it cuts down to 67vac.

zapdbf
I am not a jvc service man,

I am not a jvc service man, but if you get a good pic for the 10 secs it is probibly the backlights, do you have a blink code ? the set is shutting down because of a detected fault.

Jonwal1
looks like I get a slow flash

looks like I get a slow flash. About 1 second apart on the powder led of the reciever and display. I hooked up the dvi output to a second tv when I powered it up today. That showed the same results. I had about a minute of the screen working followed by a loss of video (signal). The audio worked the whole time. I tried to hook a dvi dvd player up through the display after that and I could not get any video. Every time I did that I got the blinking green light. Strangely if I hooked the 42" display to the receiver I would not get video, however I did not get any blinking light either. I may take the cover off the reciever unit tomorrow and see if any caps look swolen or if I can identify any other irregularitites.

zapdbf
You have one of the older

You have one of the older plasmas with the media receiver, i work on pioneer plasmas, and the media receiver is factory only repair. But we still don;t know if it is a panel or media receiver issue. unfortunately i have not been trained on jvc. I am not going to be much of any help, Sorry.

Jonwal1
Thanks for the responses. I

Thanks for the responses. I will try looking at the media receiver and see what happens.

Jonwal1
No visual evidence of a

No visual evidence of a problem with the media receiver. I am going to go thru the backlight inverter circuit and see if that sheds any light on the subject.

Jonwal1
Strange. The tv will power up

Strange. The tv will power up fine as long as there is not a dvi cable plugged in. To make sure it was not the receiver I plugged a seperate dvd player through the dvi cable into the tv. The tv had audio, but as soon I plugged the dvi into the panel it shutdown and led8004 came on.

zapdbf
that sounds like it may be a

that sounds like it may be a software issue, check for an update.

drewb67
I have the same TV (PD-42wv74

I have the same TV (PD-42wv74) and I am having a similar issue. When I plug the TV into the wall it no lights on the front of the panel light up, the TV won't power on, no video or audio, but LED8003 comes on. I have tested the power supply and it registers as 122v AC. Any ideas? Did anything work for the above problems? How do you upgrade the firmware on this set and where can i get a copy of the firmware? Thanks for any ideas!

happy gillmore
Hi

Hi

I have the exact same problem as drwe67. LED8003 comes on but no power to the front panel. Has someone found a solution to this problem. I have the VM-42V31BUE model

Connect With Techlore