57" Sony Wide Screen Projection TV With a "Green Hue"

1 post / 0 new
Winterlady
57" Sony Wide Screen Projection TV With a "Green Hue"

I wrote in approximately 2 years ago with a severe "green hue" across the whole tv screen,  it was suggested at that time this was probably due to a problem with the green tube or green video driver and to try adjusting the screen voltages by removing the front panel on the tv exposing a cluster of controls where adjustments could be made in order to fix this.                    I was given the instructions in how to adjust the appropriate voltage color control in order to correct this issue and not only did it work it lasted for at least a year !    Then all of a sudden it started to have the same issue again only the screen had a "red hue" this time instead of green, followed the same instructions, only adjusted the red control to correct the issue and it worked again, then some time later it actually started having the same issue again only this time the screen had a "blue hue" and just like both times before by adjusting the screen voltage color controls it worked again, then no issues for quite some time until just recently.                        We now again have a "red hue" to the tv screen only this time with a slight difference, it doesn't turn completely red and stay that way as in the past, this time it "pulses" red in and out??                                                                                                                                                 The fix we had been given and used so successfully for the past 2 years really can't even be tried this time due to it not STAYING red, when putting the tv on a blank input screen we can not see the "red hue"like we could before, of course needed to make the adjustment to the corresponding color control for the fix.  Does anyone have any suggestions again this time???     I realize when I got the instructions the first time back in 2007 I was told this was more than likely just "hiding" the real problem with the tv and would only be a quick / short fix.     But the tv was approx. 5 years old then and unbelievably these voltage adjustments have worked well for the past 2 years and I was thinking maybe now with this "pulsing" thing it might be a clue as to what the problem really is and how or what is needed to fix the tv.                                     Is there anything WE can do ourselves again in order to correct this problem or will it actually need to be taken in some where to be serviced?   Just trying to find out from what anyone can tell from my description of this issue if it's probably going to be an expensive fix, if so, not sure if it's worth putting a lot of money into a tv that is approx. 7 years old now (not to mention trying to haul this HUGE thing into a shop!Maybe it IS time for a new tv, been looking at a Vizio 55" LCD, ($1600.) the picture is SO vividly clear it's just amazing ! not to mention it will take up a fraction of the space this relic currently does!   : )    If we're going to have to invest quite a "chunk of cash" it might as well be in a new tv not an old one right!??                                The thing is that when this tv is working right, with our satellite HD service, the picture is pretty darn good for an old Sony HD Projection TV and if we could find another easy fix to make it last a while longer it would be worth it.

Will greatly appreciate any help or suggestions!!     Please advise!!    Thank You!

Connect With Techlore