Hitachi 51F510, Shutting down on Power up.

1 post / 0 new
Dillon123450
Hitachi 51F510, Shutting down on Power up.

Hi fellow experts.  I need to start this trread to see if anyone else out there is experiencing similar troubles with their Hitachi RPTV model 51F510 with the shutting down on power up..problem.  Here is a bried description of my problem and what I did:

When you plug it in, it clicks off immediately like there is something loading down the power supply. I have removed the PCB assembly and checked all the glass and pico fuses. (even the hidden ones) but all appears ok and no sign of shorted components or smoke.

I did unlug the convergence board and tried again, still the same result. Could this still be the convergence chips gone bad?

Also..I noted with the boards connected, and the power applied to the TV, Both green LED,s on the deflection PCB lights up DP40 and DP50. BUT DP40 goes off while DP50 stays on. What am I looking at for the possible fault on my TV? Any expert advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am hoping that someone out there has the answer. I don't want to bring this big unit to a shop. 

Thanks in advance,

Dillon, Canada

Connect With Techlore