2000 rear projection tv

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
3rdtgp
2000 rear projection tv

When I turn on my tv it just clicks over and over again someone said the bulb might be burn out,  Its a RCA 52" rear projection tv.  I get no picture or sound just a click model no. p52927

Eric Daugherty (not verified)
You're Tv is going into

You're Tv is going into shutdown.  Some of the most common failures are probably the Horizontal Output, or possibly the HV block ( at least the three RCA rears i worked on were all HV block problems).

We are talking about 30,000 + volts here. What is your level of experience?

To test the HV block is easy, unplug the HV wire (that comes from the flyback to HV block) from the HV block and place it inside a long cardboard cylinder from a paper towel roll. Do NOT try this if you dont know what you're doing, but you wanna make sure the HV lead that you pulled is in no way going to be able to touch a person or any other part of the TV or you could wind up dead, or the Tv could go up in flames.  With the HV wire secluded, turn on the TV, and if you have sound and can hear the TV as if it were going to fire up, your HV block is probably out. if it still fails, probably the HOT ....  any other ideas are welcome but thats what works for me.

3rdtgp
Dont know what I doing to try

Dont know what I doing to try that I did plug it back in last night I said it has a click its more like a little baby bird churp in back on the left side that repeats over and over no picture no sound other than churp churp churp

Connect With Techlore