IBM Thinkpad 2645 Drivers Still Available?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
IBM Thinkpad 2645 Drivers Still Available?

I just acquired a IBM Think pad type 2645, I had to reinstall the windows as it was all messed up, the computer did not find the audio drivers soi now there is no audio from the built in speakers, I looked on the IBM website could not see where to download them. also is there a way to upgrade the 1.0 usb jack? TIA

Matt Whitlock
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:
I just acquired a IBM Think pad type 2645, I had to reinstall the windows as it was all messed up, the computer did not find the audio drivers soi now there is no audio from the built in speakers, I looked on the IBM website could not see where to download them. also is there a way to upgrade the 1.0 usb jack? TIA

Drivers are available now from Lenovo's site for older Thinkpads. 2645 isn't a full model number. Try searching for drivers under the Thinkpad 600 family, type 2645, then model. You'll need the EXACT model of your thinkpad to make sure you're downloading the right stuff.

You can also try this page: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/DSHY-3TLQ2L.html as a start.

The USB version is a funtion of the hardware. There's no way to upgrade the internal connections, though you may be able to find a PCMCIA card that sports USB 2.0 jacks (provided they offer Win95 drivers for it).

Connect With Techlore