GE Stereo Moniter 31GT660

1 post / 0 new
Erin30
GE Stereo Moniter 31GT660

Hi bought this TV at an auction. It worked at the auction but when we got it home and turned it on the picture was not the whole way across the screen. It had this hour glass shape to it. My father and I read some of the questions on here and foud out about the service menu and the different codes. We tried some of these and honestly made it worse. The picture got all snowy. At that point I figured i'd cut my losses and trash the TV. It has been sitting in the corner for a little over a week now. I gave it one last try today with the service menu and the codes. So how I got the picture to go all the way across the screen. I have no clue how I did this or if it was just a fluke because the picture was still all snowy so I couldnt read the code numbers I was on. Once I had a full screen picture I was able to read the codes better and got the picture to come in. About 1/2 an hour ago we moved it into the entertainment center and were watching some shows, when all of a sudden the picture went back to this hour glass type figure. I played around in the service menu again and I can not figure out how to get the picture to go back to full screen.

Can anyone please tell me how I might be able to get this fixed or if there is no way to fix it. 

Thank you

Erin

Connect With Techlore