Mitsubishi WS-73909 Green light death flash

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Steivn
Mitsubishi WS-73909 Green light death flash

I got to tell you I was very upset when this green light of death started to blink after a electric surge, I have the WS73909 and the step by steps that I was sorting thru in the fourms were nothing at all what I was looking at in my set I guess the smaller set's have the dm pluged into the main board where the larger 73" to 76" are a lil diffrent.

Actually I had 7 caps and it was a 15-20 min fix.

The dm power board is a lil thing sepreat from all the other board in the tv it is located in the big metal farity cage on the left side of the set looking from the back, very easy to access.

4 screws, 3 cable plugs, bada bing bada boom, took the chance that it may be the cap as with the 4 cap tv's and I replace them all with the upgraded caps, of course and a lil dusting with canned air, and a feather duster, and it looks brite and sharp , like new.

Good luck pep's - Oh it cost me $11.49 for 7 cap's =cP

THanks to every post for everything.

Below is a pic taken from anouther fourm , but I'm posting it here to cut to the chase on this model.

For individuals with the Mitsubishi WS–55859, WS–55909, WS–65869, WS-65909, WS-73909 or other Mitsubishi models with seven (7) of the 1000uF, 16V Capacitors on the DM Module instead of four (4), the two photos below may provide a visual orientation when looking at the DM Module circuit board.  In this case replace all seven of the original capacitors with those having a rating of 1000uF, 35V, 105C. 

Credits go to the original poster of the pic. ( I just found this ) didn't have it when I fixed mine, that tells you how easy you can be up and running again fast.    Take Care.

Dennis John
Thanks for the fast reply.

Thanks for the fast reply. Will give it a shot.

picrthis
OK so I have the exact same

OK so I have the exact same model you have and the pictures I found posted online also didn't match-up with my unit.  The picture you posted is exactly as my model is.

So I took it apart and I now have the DM Power supply board sitting here, none of the capacitors look bad, ie: no leaking, burns, swelling etc....was yours like that too and you replaced them anyway and now it works just fine? or did you see the caps looked bad?

Also what brand caps did you use, and possibly the source for them; was size an issue after replacing them in regards to putting the cover back on the large metal box? I've read that can be an issue.

Thank you so much

Best regards,

-Joe

picrthis
Well I changed out the caps

Well I changed out the caps and still have the same problem. The shop at work checked the board out for me with a Huntron Tracker and found no issues with it.

Steivn
I know I have fixed several

I know I have fixed several now since I fixed mine and all work great for those people now but I had that prob on 2 were I replaced the caps and it didn't seem to work , it was my own fault for not removeing all old flux and soder before replaceing , when I did so they worked fine also , If I can help you out some more just email me anytime. take care. Steivn

Steivn
PS to Joe use the radio shack

PS to Joe use the radio shack brand they are just fine, a lil big but they do work great. Take Care

JoeK
I have the same issue as Joe

I have the same issue as Joe above. The same flashing green light that doesn't go away, and my capacitors on the DM unit all look normal. I appreciate any insight you can offer.

Thanks.

Steivn
Can't go by the looks at all,

Can't go by the looks at all, mine looked bran new still, replaced and "ta daa".

Hope you got your working

JoeK
I did get mine working; I

I did get mine working; I called a guy off craigslist and talked to him for a bit. The info I learned here and on a couple of other sites enabled me to ask the right questions to confirm he knew what he was talking about. He came over with a replacement DM power board, and that got my power working, but then the picture kept flickering unless the back cable running from the DM Module to the main board was removed. He got a used DM module and that worked, but now the convergence was off. I watched the TV with the picture a bit off for a few days, and then the covergence went way out of whack. Next we replaced the convergence chip, and after realigning the convergence my TV now works. Total cost was roughly $200, including parts & labor.

TV Tech 1
I don't think you got a deal

I don't think you got a deal there. $200 is what I charge to do the Caps, and you had MORE Downtime because of those "not so well fixed DM modules"

I get a feeling your friend may be known as "The Scrapman" (Spaghetti Western music plays, Squinty-eyed Clint steps out....)

Why would he have so many extra DM modules...think about that.

evil
Replacing the caps with those

Replacing the caps with those that came out of it,which were what caused the problem,will only lead to the same problem down the road.

JoeK
The repair I got for $200

The repair I got for $200 included the DM power board, the DM module itself, and replacing the convergence processor chip and the labor for solder/installation. I also kept my old module/board and ended up with a spare defective one so I have two to work with if the refurbished one goes bad. $200 I'd rather not have to spend but overall I have no complaints.

krayzie993
changed all 7 caps,tv came on

changed all 7 caps,tv came on for a litte while then shut off again? anybody help?

Debra finn
Im interested n the projector

Im interested n the projector tv my # is 813_526_9180 thank you

Debra finn
Im interested n the projector

Im interested n the projector tv my # is 813_526_9180 thank you

Connect With Techlore