Panasonic TV turning on and off

40 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ron.M
venom96737:...

Sounds like you need a full time repairman hired on at your home...
I'm not sure which circuit D810 & R812 are in...
I suspect they're in the power supply...No matter...
I don't know how adept you are at soldering...So use care...
Don't make the solder connections too big...
If you heat a connection too long as new solder is being applied ,
 solder can form into little curls or strings...

Use care to make sure those curls or strings don't short out to
adjacent connections...

Please post back with the results.....

I REALLY would like to know how it works out for you...OK..
....Thanks.....Ron.M....Cool....

Ron.M

Heeey!!!    Wha hoppen to ya???
                    It's been close to 3 weeks now & NO reply...
                    Is your TV fixed ???
                    It'd be nice if you let us know how you made out with D810 & R812....

PLEASE reply & let us know......OK.......Laughing......

Later.....Ron.M......Cool........

venom96737
Well sorry havnt been back on

Well sorry havnt been back on yet been hectic at work but I did get those fixed and a couple more that had cold solder joints BUT still the behavior continues. It is getting a little better more time between shut downs and doesnt take but a light tap now to get it to turn back on but still its annoying. So I'm thinking maybe I am just fixing breakdowns that are a result of whatever is causing the set to actually shut off what do you think? I have been looking the board over and I took the A/V board out again and can't find anything wrong with it any suggestions?

Ron.M
venom96737:

venom96737:
You said:==>
""It is getting a little better more time between shut downs and doesnt take but a light tap now to get it to turn back on but still its annoying.""
.....Small improvement...

You said:==>
""So I'm thinking maybe I am just fixing breakdowns that are a result of whatever is causing the set to actually shut off what do you think?""
....NO,that's NOT what's happening...You have fixed FUTURE problems....

....SOMEWHERE there's a BAD connection....Did you use a GOOD magnifying glass when searching the board???....Re-check the power cord/supply area..

....Give me a little time to research this & I WILL get back to you...

....Later...Ron.M....

venom96737
Take all the time you need

Take all the time you need its not my only tv so there is no rush to get it going thanks for all of your help.

venom96737
oh and yes I used a good

oh and yes I used a good magnifying glass took the board completly out looked ot it in all kinds of different light couldnt find another bad connection. Checked and rechecked the power supply area and the power cord is in there good. What i noticed was they were developing small pin holes in the solder always on the side facing the hot side of the board I had to fix about 4 points like that.

Ron.M

venom96737:....

Wellllll!!... I've searched & searched & searched the web for a FREE
      Service manual for your TV....
      Sorry, I found nothing,nada , zilch !!...Cry....
      I am looking for data on 2 transformers in your TV...One is the "Line" transformer & the other is
      the Power Supply transformer...

Lets start with the "Line Transformer"(Xfmr)...This Xfmr is the one connected directly to the
      AC power cord...Oftentimes they become intermittent...I'm not sure when they do on your
      model if it would  bring up the menu...It's possible...What you need to do here is remove it &
      check all 4 pins for looseness...(Mark the xfmr with a black felt tip pen so you know which way
      it goes back in)....One of the pins may loosen up as you are de-soldering it...

The "Power Supply" xfmr has many pins...It will be larger than the "Line" xfmr...
      There are a million or more variations of this one...Since I don't have the service manual ,
      I can only guess as to what's in your TV...( Do you by any chance have a "Service Manual" for
      your set ??...It would be a big help if you do...)....
      Oftentimes these xfmrs develop what's called "Ring Cracks"....
      What this is , is around the pin connection is a separation in the foil that surrounds the
      connection...It usually can not be seen....The solution here is to carefully scrape off some
      of the foil to bare copper (at least 1/16' inch) & resolder it...
      IF there is a "Ring Crack" on one of the secondary Power supply pins , this could cause
      the menu to appear when it returns to being a "good" connection again or when you tap
      the set....

Please give that a shot & let me know what happens....OK.....

Later.....Ron.M....Cool......

Accbrowser
Do you have a comcast dvr? I

Do you have a comcast dvr? I didn't have the problem before I got comcast Dvr. Now I have moved and temporarily on antenna and the problem went away. Good luck and hope it helps!

Jason

Tom M.
Hi,

Hi,

I am wondering if anything was resolved on this issue. I have a Panasonic CT-32G12U TV that is exhibiting the exact same symptoms. I have also found other sites where other folks have posted similar problems. Set is 10 to 12 years old, but picture is fine (when it is on).

Pages

Connect With Techlore