Toshiba 56HM66

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
IFIXORANGECRAP
Toshiba 56HM66

heard a pop and lost the picture. After inspection of the bulb, I found that the glass bulb was cracked and burnt out. I replaced the bulb. Now when I power up the set I have audio but still no picture. I then replaced the ballast. When I power up I have audio but still no picture.The set will cycle off then on..off then on and so on. I can hear a winding up spinning sound each time it powers up(the color wheel sound)..I was told that the power supply mabey has bad caps.

Im looking for the service manual for this set Toshiba 56HM66 so I can further trouble shoot the power supply circuit.

Thanks in advance.

Michael 

[email protected]

IFIXORANGECRAP
Update..I replaced the bulb

Update..I replaced the bulb and the TV would cycle on and off several Times then stay on and work fine untill shut off and would do the same every time.
I continued to use it this way for about a year due to the high price of a light engine assembley.
The Bulb eventualy poped again and I looked online for a new one. I found a bulb for $88 ebay and a rebuilt light engine for $150 no core needed free shipping
http://www.tristatemodule.com/p-85-75002250-toshiba-tv-light-engine-7500...
The Televison works perfect !!!! Im not sure what goes bad in the light engine but If anyone has a list of common part failures and tests inside the light engine please post

evil
Caps diodes and maybe shorted

Caps diodes and maybe shorted windings in the transformer.

Connect With Techlore