Samsung HCL4715W connection problems

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
AdamSterk
Samsung HCL4715W connection problems

I cant seem to figure out where to connectors go on the board. I ahve taken some picture. I have the back off the TV so you know what my vantage point is. The first one is on the middle of the 3 boards. When it comes out of the board the connector had a yellow and blue wire on it. the yellow wire just runs right back in but the blue wire goes somewhere and had a whiteish connector on the other end and cant figure out where to plug it in at. The other connection looks like it is for the speakers. it  connects onto  the left board of the 3 and i just cant seem to figure out where it goes. its not very long so i dont understand why i cant figure it out. If someone could please help me out i would really appreciate it.

I just bought this tv today from this guy for 20 bucks and the convergence is all screwed up. From what i have read i need a new convergence board. I have also read u can just get some new stk-*** things and solder them on but i think i will just go with a whole new board. So my question is are the better one than others? and does anyone have any suggestions? thank you so much for everyone that responds. i really hope i can get this thing up and running clearly.

AdamSterk
I guess it didnt post the

I guess it didnt post the pictures so ill try again here

The connections

Alnp
there is a Samsung PCL-HCL-ST

there is a Samsung PCL-HCL-ST Models manual in the download section, it may have a wire interconnect diagram.
http://www.techlore.com/download/21289/Samsung-PCL-HCL-ST-Models/

there are several other HCL4715W threads, this one has some pics that might show the wire locations you need:
http://www.techlore.com/forum/thread/13654/samsung-HCL4715W/?page=3

AdamSterk
The service manual didnt

The service manual didnt really tell me which connections go where and all the picture i have looked at on this forum and google images all dont show where this wire goes. i just looks to disappear cuz there is so much other stuff in the way and i cant see the other connection on the left

Tom9
As Alnp already mentioned, I

As Alnp already mentioned, I posted quite a few pictures (page 2 & page 3) when I was replacing my board.
Hopefully they helped?

If you click on them you can see them in their original Hi-Res versions, and that should help you see which cables go where.

AdamSterk
K so i got one of the

K so i got one of the connectors back in. but i still cant figure out the blue wire with the white connection on the end. i have attached some pictures pointing and circling out which wire im talking about exactly. i have looked at so many pictures and i cant follow the wire all the way to its end. can someone please look on the board and tell me where this wire runs please. I would really appreciate it.

Betajet
Adam,

Adam,

I think BassKozz's picture on his Page 3 shows your blue wire:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y105/basskozz/BrokenSamsung/ReplaceBoar...

It's pretty dusty but it looks like the blue wire goes up into a cable tie, and then connects to the side of thing that looks like a distributor with three thick wires coming out of it. That's consistent with my 4715W. Sorry, I don't have a digital camera. As this looks like really high voltage stuff, I'd confirm this with the schematics before connecting and powering on.

John

AdamSterk
yeah thats what i noticed but

yeah thats what i noticed but i just dont know where. i have looked at picture from the where the front is open instead of the back like how i have opened mine and i cant see where that would plug in. there is a green and blue wire that go into where it looks like that wire might run but those are all connected on my unit. if you have any other ideas or you think you know try downloading some of the picture i have uploaded and open them in Paint and circle or point to where your thinkin because im just not finding the connection. thank you so much for your help

Betajet
Adam,

Adam,

I think it's inside the red box in the following image (if I've uploaded it properly).

John

HCL4715betajet

AdamSterk
thank you so much john thats

thank you so much john thats where it went. i had thought thats where it had went in the first place but imagined it fitting in and kinda snapping in easier. it was more of a slide in than a click in like my brain it was imaging it to be. i appreciate it. unfortunately now it wont turn on it keeps clicking to power on when i plug it it but the board is like fizzing or something. i might have gotten myself in too deep on this project. well thank you for your help it is very much appreciated. adam

AdamSterk
I guess it didnt post the

I guess it didnt post the pictures so ill try again here

The connections

Alnp
there is a Samsung PCL-HCL-ST

there is a Samsung PCL-HCL-ST Models manual in the download section, it may have a wire interconnect diagram.
http://www.techlore.com/download/21289/Samsung-PCL-HCL-ST-Models/

there are several other HCL4715W threads, this one has some pics that might show the wire locations you need:
http://www.techlore.com/forum/thread/13654/samsung-HCL4715W/?page=3

AdamSterk
The service manual didnt

The service manual didnt really tell me which connections go where and all the picture i have looked at on this forum and google images all dont show where this wire goes. i just looks to disappear cuz there is so much other stuff in the way and i cant see the other connection on the left

Tom9
As Alnp already mentioned, I

As Alnp already mentioned, I posted quite a few pictures (page 2 & page 3) when I was replacing my board.
Hopefully they helped?

If you click on them you can see them in their original Hi-Res versions, and that should help you see which cables go where.

AdamSterk
K so i got one of the

K so i got one of the connectors back in. but i still cant figure out the blue wire with the white connection on the end. i have attached some pictures pointing and circling out which wire im talking about exactly. i have looked at so many pictures and i cant follow the wire all the way to its end. can someone please look on the board and tell me where this wire runs please. I would really appreciate it.

Betajet
Adam,

Adam,

I think BassKozz's picture on his Page 3 shows your blue wire:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y105/basskozz/BrokenSamsung/ReplaceBoar...

It's pretty dusty but it looks like the blue wire goes up into a cable tie, and then connects to the side of thing that looks like a distributor with three thick wires coming out of it. That's consistent with my 4715W. Sorry, I don't have a digital camera. As this looks like really high voltage stuff, I'd confirm this with the schematics before connecting and powering on.

John

AdamSterk
yeah thats what i noticed but

yeah thats what i noticed but i just dont know where. i have looked at picture from the where the front is open instead of the back like how i have opened mine and i cant see where that would plug in. there is a green and blue wire that go into where it looks like that wire might run but those are all connected on my unit. if you have any other ideas or you think you know try downloading some of the picture i have uploaded and open them in Paint and circle or point to where your thinkin because im just not finding the connection. thank you so much for your help

Betajet
Adam,

Adam,

I think it's inside the red box in the following image (if I've uploaded it properly).

John

HCL4715betajet

AdamSterk
thank you so much john thats

thank you so much john thats where it went. i had thought thats where it had went in the first place but imagined it fitting in and kinda snapping in easier. it was more of a slide in than a click in like my brain it was imaging it to be. i appreciate it. unfortunately now it wont turn on it keeps clicking to power on when i plug it it but the board is like fizzing or something. i might have gotten myself in too deep on this project. well thank you for your help it is very much appreciated. adam

Connect With Techlore