Sony KP53V75 Convergence issues

1 post / 0 new
ck-x
Sony KP53V75 Convergence issues

I have a Sony KP53V75... Convergence is off and has been since I have had it... I went ahead and replaced both the STK's and also lifted 1 leg of all of the resistors near the convergence chips and tested them... They all read in specs of 2.2 to 2.4 ohms... Resoldered them back in and went into menu and went through the convergence settings there... Things were still not right... I then went into the service menu and reset everything to factory defaults... I then went back into the convergence menu and re-aligned... Still whack... Went back into service menu and started adjusting convergence from there... Threw a grid pattern up on screen and started making adjustments... No matter what I change I cannot get 1 corner of the screen converged... I can make it move all around the screen, but there is always 1 corner that I cannot get... I am going crazy here trying to get this thing converged and it is just not happening... Anyone have any suggestions? I must be missing some important step somewhere... I do not know the history of this set, so can't help there.... Any help would be appreciated....

Connect With Techlore