PS3 Internet Connection Problem

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tim10
PS3 Internet Connection Problem

My ps3 was connected wirelessly but i upgraded the hard drive and also got a new router from Orange, now the ps3 won't connect via wireless. I don't have an ethernet cable so this is a problem. A wireless option is not even displayed when the easy option is selected. A message appears saying connect ethernet cable. I have restores settings. Please help?

Pick001
Go out and buy an ethernet

Go out and buy an ethernet cable for like 5 bucks and test the wired connection. If that doesn't work, then it's a hardware problem.

mulio
most likely a router issue

most likely a router issue more to the point the built in firewall try dissabling it if it connects call the router tech line and find out how to open the appropriate ports

Tel
did you back up your files

did you back up your files from your ps3? you gotta back up your files from your ps3 when you swap to a bigger hard drive. the driver you need to run the wireless connectivity is probably on your old hard drive. Just transfer it to your new hard drive and you should be set.

Tel
when you upgraded your hard

when you upgraded your hard drive did you back up your files? you wireless drivers are probably still on your old hard drive

Tim10
my old hard drive is

my old hard drive is corrupted so i had 2 change it! what do i do now?

Tel
you'll either have to run a

you'll either have to run a ethernet cable to your ps3 or see if a friend has a ps3 and download the wireless driver from his ps3 to a memory stick and transfer it to yours ill see if i can pull it up from a website and post it for you

Connect With Techlore