WS-55515 Mitsubishi DM Module

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
brian605
WS-55515 Mitsubishi DM Module

I have a mitsubishi WS-55515 that is not even 3 years old. When I turn on the TV, the green light blinks for a while before the TV loads the input that was used last. However, once something shows up on the screen, I am unable to press any buttons on the remote or on the front panel to change the input to anything else. We called a repairman and he told us that the DM module is defective and a replacement would cost $400 with $300 labor. Is there anything that I can do to replace this myself?

I've opened up the back of the TV but I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to be looking at. Does anyone have a repair manual of some sort or any type of pictures that could direct me to locating the DM module?

Thanks!

brian605
My email is brian_605@yahoo

My email is [email protected]
Thank you!

Also, does anyone have information on how to do the actual replacing of the capacitors on the DM module once I remove it from the TV?

brian605
So I'm pretty sure that I

So I'm pretty sure that I have located the capacitors on the DM module. Can somebody tell me if they are puffy and need to be replaced because I'm not exactly sure what constitutes as "puffy."
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I also took a picture of something else that looked sort of weird. To the bottom right of the machine, there are two larger capacitors with some white gum-like structure in between them. I'm not sure if this is the root of my problems but I just wanted to get it out there.

Larry Dillon
THE WHITE STUFF IS SILICON

THE WHITE STUFF IS SILICON GLUE, NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT, THESE CAPS COULD STILL BE BAD EVEN IF THEY ARE NOT PUFFY, CHANGE THEM

brian605
OK thanks. Do you think you

OK thanks. Do you think you could send me the information on how to remove the DM module for the WS-55515 to my email: [email protected]

Your help is much appreciated! Thank you again

Larry Dillon
sorry this model does not

sorry this model does not have the DM fix for it nor do I have a service manual for it.

brian605
Does that mean there is no

Does that mean there is no way to fix it? Or can I follow the manual for a similar model?

If I replace the capacitors and find that they aren't the problem, what would be the next step?

brian605
Any service manual for WS

Any service manual for WS-xxx15 would be the same

rezdevil
I have a WS-55511 and this

I have a WS-55511 and this worked out well. My tv had 7 1000uF 16V caps installed with no visible damage. I went to Fry's Electronics and got them for 1.90 a piece. Changed them all out and TV is working fine again.

Others have mentioned in other forums that there is a plus or a negative on the boards of newer models, but on this one there is just a dot saying which side is positive.

I used a soldering iron to remove the solder on the factory installed caps by burning it off, then I just burned off any remainging from the holes. After that it was pretty easy! Only took me about a day to do it right.

brian605
Did you have to take the

Did you have to take the module out to do it?

Larry Dillon
sorry not the same type of tv

sorry not the same type of tv set with a different DM board!
Larry D.

Isaias
error code 12 ???; what can I

error code 12 ???; what can I do ?, Please

evil
The document for the repair

The document for the repair can be found here http://www.techlore.com/group/2/list_downloads

Connect With Techlore