MITS WT-42315...Convergance IC's replaced but....

1 post / 0 new
ThatGuy
MITS WT-42315...Convergance IC's replaced but....

So for the past three weeks my Mits WT42315 had been doing some crazy things with the red color.  You would be sitting there and the picture would look like the red just shifted to the right and the rest of the picture would look almost 3D and then it would jump back and be fine.  After three weeks of this, the picture did the same thing, stayed that way for about 5 minutes and the whole screen turned red and then the TV just shut itself off.  I turned it back on, screen comes up solid red again with some light lines and shuts itself off again.  Did some research, found out about the whole Convergence IC issues with these sets.  Called our local TV Repair facility and he concurred that I probably had two bad IC chips, so I bought the service manual and two new STK394-250.  Took the set apart yesterday and replaced both.  Turned the TV back on...same issue...bright red with some lines and then turns itself off.  So i turned it on again and watched the guns this time.  It appears that the red gun is coming on, but before the other two guns light up, the set turns off.  I would assume that this is a power issue of sorts, but I can't seem to figure it out and thats why I am hear to ask the experts on what I should try next?  Thanks.

Connect With Techlore