WD-52525 Blinking green light of death. Has anybody successfully fixed this?

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jhub65
WD-52525 Blinking green light of death. Has anybody successfully fixed this?

I have seen a lot of posts for the blinking green light of death on the WD-52525 Mitsubishi TV set, along with a number of possible fixes.  I have yet to hear from anybody that has actually successfully fixed the problem.  I have heard from a member that Mitsubishi says it is a problem with the Thermal Switch.  I have heard overwhelmingly from tech experts that it has something to do with bad capacitors and they need to be changed.  I have heard from members that changing the capacitors did not work, but techs still insist this is the likely problem. 

Has anybody successfully fixed the blinking green light of death that can share their fixes with the rest of us poor souls?  Thank you.

Jerry

[email protected]

BTO
Yes: I replaced the 4 caps

Yes: I replaced the 4 caps (16v 1000 uF 105 deg. C) on the DM board and it's working several weeks now!! First did not properly seat DM back in the slot and it didn't work; it's a bit tricky to get it properly seated. Well worth the effort and the 10 bucks I spent on 4 caps. My TV is the 65513; currently working on a friends WD 62525 set; just started last night; having trouble figuring out how to get the DM out. My chassis was way different.

Good Luck

BT

Jhub65
Thanks for the response BTO.

Thanks for the response BTO. I will be attempting this in the near future. I have a WD 52525. I downloaded the service manual for this from techlore.com. It may be more closer to your friends chasi. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll email it to you if you want.

Thanks again
Jhub65

BTO
I'm in the middle of trying

I'm in the middle of trying to repair our friend's WD 62525 that has the green light deal happening. I was able to download a V26 chassis replacement pdf file from megaupload website http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6MKC3A3V. It has more detail of connectors and assembly/dissassembly steps. I'm having some trouble trying to get the DM out of the set. My 65513 was way easier. Once I get the DM out, it should be a breeze I hope as I said before, the caps replacement in my TV has worked; just be carefull and do as good a job as possible so board does not get damaged from heat/ solder.

Jhub65
Hey BTO, I replaced my caps,

Hey BTO, I replaced my caps, 6 out of 8 were swollen. I put everything back together and the blinking green light went away after one minute. I was then able to turn on my TV which I was unable to do in the past. I enjoyed 15 minutes of TV and it turned itself off without warning and the damn green blinking light started again.
Seems to be the same problem. I'm going to look more closely at my Thermister (Thermal Sensor Switch) at the lamp. I read that this could also be the problem.

Ron Rich
BTO said: Yes: I replaced the

BTO said: Yes: I replaced the 4 caps (16v 1000 uF 105 deg. C) on the DM board and it's working several weeks now!! First did not properly seat DM back in the slot and it didn't work; it's a bit tricky to get it properly seated. Well worth the effort and the 10 bucks I spent on 4 caps. My TV is the 65513; currently working on a friends WD 62525 set; just started last night; having trouble figuring out how to get the DM out. My chassis was way different. Good Luck BT

BTO did yo ever fix your friends wd-62525?   I started into mine got the service manual and bought caps that I found for other Mits blinking green lights of death and then I saw a boat load of caps on my the power board and now i am searching for a true solution to my models problem.  I did not see any ref to the DM board in the service manual. 

Ron

Mits H8R
The blinking timer light

The blinking timer light started for my WD-62525 2 months after the warrenty wore out. Yesterday it refused to start up so I took my chassis out tonight and replaced the 4 caps on the board I assume is the DM1 PCB. I also replaced a swollen 1000u 10V cap on the board that piggy backed on the pcb with the component inputs. I put it back together with a yellow orange blinking status light. I dissassembled it and powered it back up to return to the green blinking timer light again. I'd appreciate any tips for solving the problem, or an easier way of dissasembling the chassis. I've got a habit for damaging the fine ribbon connectors and I'm trying to limit my handling of the chassis to a minimum.

Dylan G
I am having the same blinking

I am having the same blinking light of death problem on my WD-52525 after moving. Started before the move and now it will not come on at all. Previously it would blink for a bit and then after unpluging and pluging in the cord it would usually start working. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please email directions to [email protected] if you have them for the dm cap fix.

thanks for the help

danoman1
having blinking prob. with

having blinking prob. with 62525 gonna get it done with caps. I guess any help wont hurt [email protected]

Slothattack
Just replaced all the caps on

Just replaced all the caps on my model WD-52525 - didn't work - still have the green blinking light

Slothattack
Just replaced the caps on my

Just replaced the caps on my WD-52525 with no luck - still have the green flashing light

backwardb
Slothattack said: Just

Slothattack said: Just replaced the caps on my WD-52525 with no luck - still have the green flashing light

See post near the end of topic "Mitsubishi WD-52525 has a continuious blinking light" in this forum.  Talks about communication issue between boards and has a fix for it.

kaynos
My idea of a fix is to

My idea of a fix is to replace all caps on the format and dm boards, and any bad caps on the power supply and tuner boards. I've tried measuring and replacing caps that looked bad, tested bad, or were listed in online guides as problem caps. Best solution is to replace them all.

I use leaded caps in place of the surface mount ones since they are easier to install and I feel are more reliable.

If anyone has given up on their set, I'd love to get a format board and a dm board as spares. Let me know. thx.

Caldera
Hello, I'm having the same

Hello, I'm having the same problem with my Mitsubishi the blinking green light. It happened after a power outage. If I could get the service manual sent to me. It would be great! [email protected]

BUDDHA65
Need help, I am also having

Need help, I am also having the blinking green light problem with my five year old Mitsubishi WD-62725. Any manuals or diections would be great. Thanks.
[email protected]

rsagemarionct
Hello. I have a model WD

Hello. I have a model WD-52525, about 6 yrs old. TV was working perfect until one week ago. Screen went bright blue, with no audio. Two days later, the blinking green light started, and now I am unable to power on. I don't trust my myself to attempt repairs. Am I looking at an $800 repair, and is it worth it??

lynngibson
Need help here also, blinking

Need help here also, blinking green light problem on WD-62527 and yes that is the model on back of TV and on paper tag with s/n. Need the service manual or any help. I got the V24 chassis help but its now even close figure it must be V26. [email protected] Thanks

vcrdavid
Mitsubishi now has a program

Mitsubishi now has a program for these sets with the V-26 chassis. Call their customer relations department. They are rebuilding these sets and paying for it. If you have any trouble with it when you get it back they will replace the television with a new one. You must have the original purchase receipt.

MR.blinky
Hey i have the blink light

Hey i have the blink light and was wondering thru all this thread has anyone found a solution that works?

MR.blinky
Does anyone have a solution

Does anyone have a solution on how to fix the? If not i have a 62525 available for someone to harve

crestauri
i fixed my 62525. i had to

i fixed my 62525. i had to change a few around. but i got it fixed.

vcrdavid
I am a service tech at a

I am a service tech at a mitsubishi warranty service center. Mitsubishi can't even fix the problem. We don't work on the v-26 chassis anymore. We pull the chassis out and ship it to Mitsubishi and let them mess with it, they replace all the caps on both the DM and Power board and some other things. They won't tell us what all they do. Anyway about 6 out of 10 will go back out (start blinking again) with in about 90 days. Then Mitsubishi will pay us to go pick up the Tv and scrap it. and they give the customer a new set. So Mitsubishi is having a very hard time fixing the problem also. I do know the thermal sensor has nothing to do with the blinking light problem. However they are also paying us to replace them (free of charge to the customer) because they are defective also. All i can say is good luck trying to fix this problem. If you have your receipt from where you purchase the set Mitsubishi will do the repairs for you for free. and if it goes back out they will replace the set for free. Where I work we have scraped out 40 to 50 of them for Mitsubishi after they replaced the customers set. contact mitsubishi about your problem. They are standing behide their sets believe it or not.

RBain
vcrdavid,

vcrdavid,

I have a 62525, and if I am reading your message correctly. I should have a certified Mitsubishi repair company come out to repair the green timer blinking light problem. They will send the board into the manufacture and if the problem happens again. The manufacture will replace my TV for free. Is this correct?

Rib Breaker
WD62525

WD62525
Several years ago we had the black screen of death and we replaced most of the capacitors. It has worked fine until we had a TS roll through. The TV was plugged in but was not turned on. We lost power for about 10 seconds. I then decided to unplug the TV. When I plugged it back in, the green light flashed quickly. I attempted a re set but that did not work. I've gone through ail of the responses in this thread and they mostly indicate capacitors. We took it apart to check the capacitors. They all look good. Any other ideas?

kenndrakay
I have the wd52525 model

I have the wd52525 model emailed mitsubishi last night prompt returned email today with info on what I need to do to have it fixed 1. Have your reciept 2. Have an estimate/diagnosis from authorized mits service repair shop 3. Call mits even if no warranty call the expired warranty info line:) I have no warranty on my tv anymore but they are repairing it!

Connect With Techlore