Panasonic convergance problem

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
jim_wrench
Panasonic convergance problem

Hi there i have a 7 year old panasonic rear projection television model number pt-51g46C that will not allow the green to converge rpoperly everything seems to have a green halo and there are waves associated with the green crt. when you dim the crt the green one seems to me to have missing pieces but according to eevrything i read i need a new convergence ic. so i waited for 3 weeks and recieved my 3 new ics soldered them in and the problem is exactly the same. I am unable to check for power to te ics when it is powered up due to the lack of room burried in the front of the television. i checked all teh resistors i could think of when the board was out. i am thinking this is my problem now and am having a hard time finding any info on this set. i called panasonic and they informed me that they no longer have this repair manual anymore? and for me the nearest place for repair is 2 hours away. I think i am on the right track and am not ready to throw the towel in as of yet..

thank you

Larry Dillon
therer are small fuses or

therer are small fuses or pico fuses in the power supply that are probably open. Find and check those.

jim_wrench
thanks larry where would i

thanks larry where would i find these fuses on the convergence board or on the power supply board?

also would you happen to have a wiring schematic for this model?

jim_wrench at hotmail dot com

i am going to dig into the unit again and was so close to recycling this unit till i found this site.

Larry Dillon
they are located in the power

they are located in the power supply board, and no I do not have this manual

jim_wrench
okay so i have the power

okay so i have the power supply board out on this unit and there is only one fuse the 125 volt 7 amp one. i cannot see any pico fuses nor can i find them labeled on the board?? are they labeled with a f before the number just like any other fuse.

Larry Dillon
they couls be, I have sen

they couls be, I have sen some marked with an R as they may use low value reistiors for fuse links, you should get the service manual for this set. you cn download one from here
http://www.servicemanuals.net/ServiceManual/AllBrands/pt-51g46C/pos1/res...

jim_wrench
okay so i decided to tear

okay so i decided to tear into her again and everything looks in tact i
went around the green ic and all resistors have a value except for this
one thing that looks like a resistor but is just all brown??
it is marked with a C and labeled as C 7092 and has no continuity
through it when all the others like it do...
i am awaiting someone with a CC to allow me to buy the service manual
but in the meantime i am just looking at it apart in my living room....

jim_wrench
well i got the manual ordered

well i got the manual ordered and should have it in 24 hours

but i still dunno what that is??

jim_wrench
okay so i got my manual and

okay so i got my manual and found the capacitor

Photobucket

now this is the only one i see burnt out

it is pre near impossible for me to check for voltages with the board in the unit powered up is there anywhere else i should look and where do you recomend purchasing a .1UF-Z-50V capacitor? part number ECUX1H104ZFX.

thanks a bunch

jim_wrench
well i ordered the part from

well i ordered the part from a panasonic supplier back in october and it still has not come in....

any other reccomendations i have checked a few places online and they seem to be out of stock and who knows if they can even get it...

also talking with a guy 4 hours away he doesnt seem to think i have a capacitor problem..... he is along the lines of a pico fuse or a burnt resistor as well larry... i searched the board as well as the schematic and this little surface mount capacitor is all that i can find.....

Larry Dillon
http://www.electronic-repair
jim_wrench
sorry they dont have wat i am

sorry they dont have wat i am looking for....

my hair is going thin

can i wire in another type of capacitor just not a surface mount one to gain the same results??

Connect With Techlore