Keep getting push power protect message

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
otter712
Keep getting push power protect message

I have a Sony HCD-GS300AV bookshelf stero system. When I power it up affter about 3 seconds it shows an error on the display "push power protect".  There is no such button on the outside of the unit. The manual says nothing about it nor does Sony's website. If I push the stop,clear and display buttons at the same time it will run the demo program. I have located 3 fuses on the circuit board just above the cd carriage and they all seem to be fine. I will be greatly thankful for any help. Thanks.

Phil Smith
Hi

Hi

I had the same problem and was close to getting it looked at professionally, read all the various answers that have been posted re possible soldering faults etc and decided to give it a good hit on the side (my Sony was seveeral years old and out of warranty). It worked! Maybe it will develop the fault again but at least I know it is something trivial, ie all the compoents have the caopability of working. Good luck, Phil Devon, UK

jersymick
i know u posted this awhile

i know u posted this awhile ago,i got the same thing happing to me.
your jus suposd 2 repress power & increase volume.
i have evrything disconectd 2 it & am still getn the problem.
PLEZZZZ,cud u let me now what happed 2 yours.dd u repair it?& how muc dd it cost u?
its 3/4/2010 so the cost of fixn mite not b worth it now.but i really love ths unit.wz great for me for ovr 3 years.
thanks JM
[email protected]

jersymick
i know u posted this awhile

PLEZZZZ,cud u let me now what happed 2 yours.dd u repair it?& how muc dd it cost u?
its 3/4/2010 so the cost of fixn mite not b worth it now.but i really love ths unit.wz great for me for ovr 3 years.
thanks JM
[email protected]

jersymick
Phil Smith said: Hi I had the

Phil Smith said: Hi I had the same problem and was close to getting it looked at professionally, read all the various answers that have been posted re possible soldering faults etc and decided to give it a good hit on the side (my Sony was seveeral years old and out of warranty). It worked! Maybe it will develop the fault again but at least I know it is something trivial, ie all the compoents have the caopability of working. Good luck, Phil Devon, UK

is your unit still workn? i just posted this coment:

thanks JM
jersymick@msn.

ANY HELP WILL B APRECIATED. GONA TRY YOUR FIX RIGHT NOW(smack)

gerry007
i have the same problem.i

i have the same problem.i keep getting power overload message every time i swich the unit on.my system is also hcd-gs300av.any one there can help me find free circuit diagram for the system?i apreciate ur help greatly.

Connect With Techlore