help me please

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
krakdsanity
help me please

i have a 1999 55inch mitsubishi rear projection model VS-55705 and when we turn it on the picture rolls and if we shut it off and unplug it and wait at least 5 minutes and plug it in it stops for at least thirty to forty five minutes and then does it again.  what is the problem so i can get it fixed i love the t.v. so please help it is greatly appreciated.

jsf2323
Capacitors are bad. 7 total .

Capacitors are bad. 7 total . CP02 CP03 CP04 CP05 CP07 CP08 ( 3 of them are 47mf@50v & 3 are 100mf@35v ) the other is C979 ( 2.2mf@250v ) . The C979 is on the board on the right looking at the backside and the other six are on the board onthe left . If you can desolder and solder you will save big bucks . Make sure the tv is unplugged when working on the set . I have seen some shops charge $250 to $600 for this repair . Parts should be under $25.00 if you do it yourself. Be carefull James

krakdsanity
is that all fancy talk for

is that all fancy talk for the power supply is bad???

jsf2323
No . These are the parts

No . These are the parts location and the parts needed to repair the set . These are supply lines that feed certain voltages that are giving you your problem . If you have never done board level repairs this might be too much for you. You may want to call a shop to get a price on repairs .

Connect With Techlore