wt 42313 convergence issue

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
KTHEnterprises
wt 42313 convergence issue

I have a 4 yr old Mitsubishi wt42313.  Overall this is a great tv but a convergence problem has arisen.  I have replaced both stk394-250 but issue did not change.  I read that some resistors could be bad but which ones?  I am better than averge at component level repairs but I am at a standstill with this problem.  I can move red convergence up and down but not left right.  I have seen multiple write ups about this but no info as far a resistor replacement.  Thanx for your help.  

jsf2323
The resistors you speak of

The resistors you speak of are right next to the IC's you have replaced . Most of the time they look discolored or burn't . Average value ranges between 150 ohms to 1 ohm . Also did you check the pico fuses ? They green in color and coming off the secondary transformer of the power supply they may be opened and need replaced . You will need an ohm meter to check all of the above parts . Most of the time its the fuses that have opened up in my experience on working on these sets , but don't over look the resistors .

LouisR
I have WT-42313 Mitsubishi.

I have WT-42313 Mitsubishi. My TV has blue and green light on- red is out. I recently replaced both stk chips due to convergence issues and bowing effects on screen. after installation of new chips, convergence seems fine, bowing image is gone but the red color is off too. looking at the back of the tv, the bottom of the lamp is glowing orange like the other two but no image is being output to the screen. any ideas on what's wrong or where to check? can i swap neck boards to see if i can get it to fire up? how about swapping the plugs on the flyback? thanks for any help or suggestions.

Connect With Techlore