Sony KB-36HS20 Please help

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
gacaddy
Sony KB-36HS20 Please help

Sony KB-36HS20. Has sound but no picture.  The sound quits in approximately 20-30 seconds. 

The Stand by light flashes 4 times and is off 4 times again etc. continuously.  I pushed start sound comes on but no picture.   The sound quits in approximately 20-30 seconds.  

When start is pushed, you can hear a relay click, then sound and no picture.   You can feel static on the front of picture tube with the sound.  It seems like low/High voltage.  When sound quits, there is no static. 

Having read some articles regarding Sony trouble codes: Blink 4 times, information states that sets the "D Board" with IC5004 is faulty or defective.  Relay click puts set in the standby mode.  The vertical deflection is stopped.  I do not want to purchase a new "D Board" until I can get more input on this problem.  Also because I am 75 years old and retired.  I have repaired many television sets several years past.  The new technology has run away from me and old age has slowed me down.

I sincerely appreciate any and all help that can be provided.  Does anyone have any ideas on purchasing a new board or having the current board rebuilt other than the cost differential? 

Please write to [email protected].  Thanks very much.

Alnp
Did you mean kV-36hs20? If so
gacaddy
you are correct my mistake

you are correct my mistake typo .im 75 yrs old and slowing down. info. is great.going to look for rebuilt d board.gacaddy thanks you

Dwray
the Vert IC5004 is a

the Vert IC5004 is a STV9379FA i will try to post a picture of the IC for you tonight

gacaddy
hi dwray downloaded the

hi dwray downloaded the manuals great help good sites.the ic looks easy to install. mag glass helps.u think any parts should be replaced with it.illforget new d board .ill try new ic5004 first its a lot cheeper . my thanks to u again. gacaddy i like the tough lookin eagle .

Dwray
you might want to replace

you might want to replace C8032 & IC8002 they are very common parts that fail on those sony sets IC8002 is MCZ3001D Replace it with MCZ3001DB the C8032 is a Blue color Myler Film Type Capacitor Sony part # 113681311 tritronicsinc.com should have the parts you need GOOD LUCK .

all most forgot both the C8032 & IC8002 are in the power supply area .

Dwray
Just checked tritronics they

Just checked tritronics they have all 3 parts in stock the STV9379 = $6.85 order Part # 932212147687 The MCZ3001DB = $12.95 Cap Part # 113681311 = $3.93

gacaddy
thanks again. hello dwray, u

thanks again. hello dwray, u caught my order just in time . i will order tomorrow i owned jerrys radio &tv repair shop kearny,nj.sold it 23 yrs ago so u see why im behind in the tech area.feels good to be trying it again.your help is great.i wouldnt try this without it.i wish u were in this area id love to buy u a drink or two.ill keep u informed on my progress.gacaddy. also called jerry

gacaddy
hello dwray, replaced all 3

hello dwray, replaced all 3 parts C8032,IC5004, IC8032,POWER UP I HAVE EXACTLY SAME TROUBLE.ANY OTHER TIPS? SORRY FOR MY DELAY GETTING BACK TO YOU. BEEN DOCTORING.ITS GOOD TO BE TRYING TV REPAIR AGAIN. I SHURE FOREOT A LOT OVER THE YEARS.ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED . THANKS AGAIN. [email protected]

Dwray
do you have the +15V at pin 2

do you have the +15V at pin 2 on Vert. IC ?

gacaddy
hi drwy will check it out

hi drwy will check it out later today . will let u know soon as i do thanks for staying with me. [email protected]

gacaddy
hi dwray checked ic 5004

hi dwray checked ic 5004 vertical ic i just replaced,it has+15.2 volts on pin #2 drops to 0 when sound quits and does the same as i had at the srart. goes to flashing ,4 blinks------4------ 4--,any ideas for me to try.also relay clicks out when sound quits there is no pix &verry low hv less than 1 kv on my old probe. appreciate all your help. thanks again . [email protected]

gacaddy
hi dwray yes +135.2 it goes

hi dwray yes +135.2 it goes to zero when relay drops out and sound and hv quit apx 30 seconds then 4 bliks+4+4.when sound is on hv comes on apx.23kv.quits with sound apx 30 scec.vert output+15 and -15 drop off same time. digital multi meter used for all voltage readings, old hv probe used not shure how accurate it is. any ideas ? kv36hs20 d and or a boards look very difficult to replace.manual helps but not much info changing a board if it gets to that hope it dont.i managed to replace parts with them in place.got lucky.still trying and thanks again. [email protected]

gacaddy
dwray i fofgot i havent had

dwray i fofgot i havent had brightness or any pix. since the start of this problem. gacaddy

Dwray
I have had the Yoke do the 4

I have had the Yoke do the 4 blink code resolder all connections on the yoke even if they look good ,and IC8002 MCZ3001D put the old one back which should be good and replace IC6501 with the new one Both IC8002 & IC6501 are the same IC

gacaddy
I've been tied up with heart

I've been tied up with heart attack or 3 weeks, had to projects lay.

Will oder new IC since the old one has two broken pins, as per your last conversation.

Will install new one where you suggested as soon as I can. Am at the same point after your suggested changes. Still 4 blinks. Re soldered yoke. Same 4 will get back to the set withn 2 weeks. Hope to hear from you If you have any further Ideas.

Thanks for everything.

Jerry

Connect With Techlore