Help...Sony KP-46WT520

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
DarlaKay
Help...Sony KP-46WT520

About a week ago my Sony KP-46WT520 wouldn't turn on and the standby light was flashing 9 times with a pause between. I could still get the tv to turn on eventually until today, it won't turn on and now it flashes 10 times first then goes to 9 flashes, pause, 9 flashes...etc....

Can I try to replace the D6116 & D6301 on the G-board myself? My husband can solder, or should I replace the entire G-board? The TV is only 3 years old :(

Thank You very much  

Dwray
as cheap as G boards are i

as cheap as G boards are i would just replace it www.partstore.com shows in stock part# A1054157A

DarlaKay
What was everyone on the

What was everyone on the forum talking about soldering? We found both diodes on the G-Board (D6116 & D6301), confused on the soldering part. Just thought I'd ask...i think we're ordering the G-board...lol :) Thanks for your help.

Alnp
There was some talk on the

There was some talk on the KP-46WT520 9 Blinks and Understanding Sony Television Blinking Codes threads about temporary success with just resoldering, rather than replacing, the diodes.

http://www.techlore.com/forum/thread/17503/KP-46WT520-9-Blinks/?page=2&h...

http://www.techlore.com/article/15444/Understanding-Sony-Television-Blin...

mikeMinMTL
$222 is not cheap. 4 yo TV.

$222 is not cheap. 4 yo TV. Is there alternatives than tossing it out?

CarefreeMike
Larry,

Larry,

I'm having the same green blinking light problem after a power outage. My set will not turn on. Will you please send me the repair instructions for my Mitsubishi model WS65909?

Thank-you.

Mike

4ukcats
DarlaKay--

DarlaKay--
I was wondering if you were able to solve the problem by replacing the 2 diodes (or by some other means?) Our problem mirrors yours--same tv, 3 years old, would turn back on at first, but now it won't turn on at all, blinking 10 times, then 9, then 9, etc.

Any info. you could give would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Renee

Connect With Techlore