Mitsubishi WD-52725 Error 44

1 post / 0 new
pirahna125
Mitsubishi WD-52725 Error 44

Please Help!

I have a Mitsubishi WD52725.  After I plug the TV in, I need to wait about 30-60 seconds for the green timer light to turn off.  After that I push power, the fan will turn on, lamp will light, and then the TV will power down.  The TV screen never shows a picture, but I can get sound.

After reviewing these forums, I have tried to diagnose the problem myself.

1.  I get error code 44, which is supposed to indicate DVI cable not connected.

2.  I have changed out the DVI cable with a working cable.  No Luck. 

2.  I have validated 5V, ground and 12V on pins 2,3,4 respectfully of the J9 connector.  Still No Luck.

3.  After looking at the FMT board, I found swollen capactiors.  I replaced 4 capacitors on the FMT board with new capacitors.  (C8F19,C8F21,C8F22,C8F27).  Still No Luck.

For full disclosure, I bought the TV as a leftover in Sept 2006, and it worked fine since.  Right before I experienced this problem, I had the green blinking light issue, I reset, unplugged, and the light went away and the TV worked.  Suddenly, after turning the TV a day later, the TV displayed small black/white checkers.  After hitting the reset button, and unplugging, I can only get as far as Error Code 44.  (DVI Cable).  

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. 

Connect With Techlore