Another WD-62525 Dead Question

1 post / 0 new
kejohnson
Another WD-62525 Dead Question

Hi,

I am new to the thread, but hoping to get some help. We have a Mitsubishi WD-62525. About 8 months ago we replaced the lamp and life was good. About 2 weeks ago we noticed the yellow lamp light came on, so I ordered another lamp. When the indicator went solid red I replace the lamp and still nothing. When you power up the TV, the fan kicks on and of course the green lamp blinks on the front panel. The lamp comes on for about 5 seconds and then turns off, as soon as it turns off, the yellow indicator comes on in front. After about 3 minutes, the indicator turns red and stays on.

I thought it may be the ballast, so I went ahead and replaced that as well. This did not change anything. Although we have insurance, they require a certified tech to tell me it's dead. There is one tech in this area and when we called him, he said he may stop in next time he is in the area, but it may be 90 days. There is a Sears, but since we didn't buy the TV there, they said it would be an extra fee. I agreed, but the service tech hasn't called back.

I went to electrical engineering school a long time ago, so I am not afraid to work on it, I just don't know where to start. My first suggestion was a 12 gauge, but my wife said no. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks -- Kelly

Connect With Techlore