Zenith PVR-6096DT no menu options/convergance is way out

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Matthew J. Grabow
Zenith PVR-6096DT no menu options/convergance is way out

Hi,

This is my first post. What a great site! As my header states, I have a Zenith PVR-6069DT rear projection television. It is a 1995 model. I know that there is also a "RK" model which might be very similar.

Someone gave me the tv and I thought that I might be able to adjust the convergance manually. But all I got are sort of colored boxes - probably some type of picture in picture - with the convergance way out. I never could access any options like brightness, contrast, convergance, etc. even by using the remote. Just different placements and appearances of the colored boxes (which are either static or white where the convergance meets).

I replaced the three STK convergange ICs, but everything is still the same. I truly wonder what could be wrong that restricts me from accessing any menu options such as brightness, contrast, etc. No words ever appear. Do I possibly need to replace an EPROM or something?

Also does anyone have the sevice manual or the owner's manual for either the "DT" model or the "RK" model? If so, my e-mail is [email protected]. I have looked everywhere I could and cannot find the manuals for this model.

I wonder if I am not using the menu buttons correctly. Perhaps there is some weird sequence that brings you into the picture adjustment menu.

Please help!!!

Any advice would be so appreciated! I definately cannot afford a service person. And it would also cost me money to dispose of this tv and I would love to keep it.

Dwray
You might check out this site

Connect With Techlore