Samsung television shuts off

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Randy
Samsung television shuts off

I have a Samsung television model TXR2735X/XAC chassis number KS7A. This set will suddenly shut itself down after 15 to 20 minutes. Does anyone have a suggestion or maybe had this happen also?

Larry Dillon
a symptom of a set shutting

a symptom of a set shutting off after several minutes is going to need t be monitored in sever places before you can determin why or what is causing this problem. You will need to monitor the main b+ supply and see if the poer supply rases or goes higher right before the set shuts down, This would be an over voltage protection shutdown or what's know as a OVP, Or does the set get brighter in the picture before it shuts down? Or n a scene change?

Randy
This set seems to shut down

This set seems to shut down every 14 minutes and makes a little tune the same as when it turns on. It doesn't need to be unplugged and you can hit the power button as soon as it turns off and it will turn back on. I don't have the remote or user manual but am trying to access all the options to see if maybe there is a timer that has been turned on seeing it is not my tv. However shouldn't any timers be reset if the tv has been unplugged for a few days?

Larry Dillon
you can get an owners manual
Randy
I got a user manual

I got a user manual unfortunately there is nothing in that explains my problem. None of the timer options can be set for 14-15 minutes. The shut off time is always the same 14-15 minutes.

Larry Dillon
Randy said: This set seems to

Randy said: This set seems to shut down every 14 minutes and makes a little tune the same as when it turns on. It doesn't need to be unplugged and you can hit the power button as soon as it turns off and it will turn back on. I don't have the remote or user manual but am trying to access all the options to see if maybe there is a timer that has been turned on seeing it is not my tv. However shouldn't any timers be reset if the tv has been unplugged for a few days?

That is why I sent to you that link.

Randy
Thanks for your help Larry, I

Thanks for your help Larry, I realise that's why you sent me that link, what I was saying in my last message was I followed the link and managed to get a user manual. After looking through the user manual realised the timers are not my problem.

Larry Dillon
0000hhhhhh IC This set does

0000hhhhhh IC This set does have a few problems with the STR type regulator IC

Larry Dillon
yes it is exactly! I checked

yes it is exactly! I checked my data base and I have replaced 7 of them in the past year and a half.

Randy
Thanks again Larry! I'll look

Thanks again Larry! I'll look into finding a replacement. I guess in time these components decide to just go.

Larry Dillon
yes they do no ryme no reason

yes they do no ryme no reason, just like a light bulb, one time you switch it off and the next time you switch on the light, it is bad, But in your case, I would monitor t6he b+ as you have an intermittant condition. First try resoldering bad looking connections around the flyback transformer, or in that circuit and on the regulator IC.

Randy
Larry I just have a question

Larry I just have a question you might be able to help with. I began checking after shut down if any components felt warm. The heatshield around IC310 was very hot. The component is marked LA78045 and has 7 pins. I'm currently researching this part but would assume it most likely has thermal protection and wondered what you thought? Could it just be this part is shutting down my set. I'm not sure what it is yet but am thinking it is part of the vertical deflection and don't know what yet is causing it to get so hot.

Larry Dillon
That is the vertical

That is the vertical deflection IC and yes it is suppose to get hot here is the picture and specs. http://www.ciconelectronics.com/la78045.html

Randy
Larry when you said you

Larry when you said you replaced STRX750 7 times in the past year and a half would kind of symptoms or problems were your sets showing? I looked with a magnifying glass and wiggled components lightly, found 2 bad connections repaired them but set still shuts off in exactly 15 minutes, turn it right back on and will shut down in exactly 15 minutes. I've ordered STRX750 already but was curious to know how the sets you repaired were acting before you repaired them.

Connect With Techlore