Philips Model # 9P6034 C103 Picture problems?

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
ETRONIC
Philips Model # 9P6034 C103 Picture problems?

Hi, I have a Philips / Magnavox Model 9P6034 C103 That I got from a neighbor throwing it away. I just had to check it out first before letting the trash men crush it. Can someone please help me out? I know a little but am not a professional. 

The Problems that I see are when you first turn it on the picture is small and then as it warms up it goes to normal to small and finnally stays normal size with a 1 to 2 inch line down the left side.

The other problem is the color. It will not adjust to the right color, it has a green halo effect around things and everything seems to have an orange tint to it, faces etc. 

I have looked into the bulbs which all light up and noticed that the red had a crisp picture while the greens is really foggy as is the blue too. When writing is on the screen I can read the red fine but can barely see the green and blue. When in convergence adjust mode the blue has a halo effect like the greens halo effect when a movie is playing.

Im guessing from what I have read that I need to replace the cooling fluid in the Green and Blue bulbs. Also I think it might need some parts replaced on the convergence board, but not sure, I dont have a service manual.

Can someone Please Help me figure these problems out?

ETRONIC
Any one that can help please.

Any one that can help please. I think im going to order the fluid, but not sure how much I need for each tube. Also I want to know if I should check into the convergence board or power board for bad capacitors,resistors, ic;s ect.
Thanks in advanced.

ETRONIC
Well I was told that the The

Well I was told that the The halo effect is due to the green and blue CRT coolant being congealed this is a common problem. Red will not have the same condition (Which it does'nt).
And The small picture is caused by bad opto-couplers on the large signal board. As for the opto-couplers they are located on the large signal board in the middle of the board all lined up in a row they will have board location numbers of 7412, 7406 and 7413 . 7412 is usually the culprit the part numbers for 7412 is 9322-105-14682 7406 and 7413 are the same part number 9338-894-15682
Im going to try these 2 things + im going to replace the 2 STK-110's on the convergence board and check the capacitors on it too.
This might take care of my problem and will post here if it does or does not after I recieve the parts and install them. I will let ya's know.
Thanks me for helping with this problem.

ETRONIC
Do you know where we could

Do you know where we could find these parts or if they may have different part numbers for them because I have this problem and am having problems locating the parts? 7412 p/n 932210514682 , 7406 p/n 933894150682, 7413 p/n 933894150682 change all three of these opto couplers, and it will most likely fix this problem. in rare cases 7402 and 7410 will cause this same problem. these parts are located on the large signal pannel it is the panel on the right side looking from the back of the tv, they are in the middle all the way closest to you lined up in a row.

ETRONIC
I have a problem now when

I have a problem now when that when I turned it on now (a week later) there is not any picture or lights. I ordered the opto-coupler 7412 and the other 2 ic's 7406 and 7413 and coolant for the bulbs.
Is this a seperate problem from the picture starting out small and then warming up becoming normal size? Do I need to order a Flyback now or could this still be related to the opto-coupler?
I really need to become a premium member on here, Do they accept PayPal?
Thanks.
Comment by ETRONIC, posted on May 18, 2008
Well the power light comes on but not the crts. Just wanteed to make sure I let you know this.

Larry Dillon
We do not have "premium

We do not have "premium Members" here on techlore. What have you replaced and what have you done with this TV set? do you have the service manual for this TV set? You do not need the C103 at the end of the model number, that is the chassis number of the TV set. If you need a service manual, go to http://www.servicemanuals.net/results.aspx?type=SM&brand=0&model=9P6034, download it, it is very reasonable cost. After you do, upload it to the technicians corner here at techlore. The technician's corner is located in the resources tab at the top of the page. Good luck

ETRONIC
Larry Dillon said: We do not

Larry Dillon said: We do not have "premium Members" here on techlore. What have you replaced and what have you done with this TV set? do you have the service manual for this TV set? You do not need the C103 at the end of the model number, that is the chassis number of the TV set. If you need a service manual, go to http://www.servicemanuals.net/results.aspx?type=SM&brand=0&model=9P6034 download it, it is very reasonable cost. After you do, upload it to the technicians corner here at techlore. The technician's corner is located in the resources tab at the top of the page. Good luck

Well I ordered the opto-coupler board location 7412 and the other 2 ic's board location 7406 and 7413 To fix the picture from going from small and then finnally to normal size and coolant for the bulbs to fix the color issue. I have power to the bulbs again, it was just the stand ups needed reseated. I do not have the service manual yet and probably will not buy one unless I run into other problems. Thats kind of why I was on this site asking for advice on these problems, I thought someone would respond with some advice or solutions for the problems I described above.

I will let you know on the progress after I get the parts in and replace them if you would like, Then it might help others if they come across this pretty common problem.

Thank You.

Larry Dillon
Do you have the instructions

Do you have the instructions to replace the coolant?

ETRONIC
Yes I found your instructions

Yes I found your instructions on that and also online in PDF format. Thank You.
Parts are on the way and I will update this fix when they are installed until then I have a Sony DAV-450 Reciever to fix that has no power and the main fuse is not burnt.
Thanks Again.

ETRONIC
Hi , I finally got the 3 ic's

Hi , I finally got the 3 ic's for this TV and installed them on the large video board and this fixed the picture from starting out small and then finally going to the full 60" picture. I also replaced the fluid in each bulb which needed about 14 - 15 onces each and and inverted torx socket to remove the lenses to clean the old fluid off of them. I adjusted the color manually and fine tuned the sharpness of each color manually.
Now the picture is excellent. Not bad for a free TV and $50 in parts. The only problem I can find now is that on Video 1 And only on Video 1 the picture has a 1 - 2 inch line running completely up the lefthand side of the screen when using Video 1.
Im guessing this is a problem with the small video board since all of the other inputs are fine. Any sugestions on this problem?

So I really wanted to thak you for your help on this one. Couldn't have done it without your help.
Thanks Again.
ETRONIC

Connect With Techlore