WS-55511 will not stay on

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
mikeschra
WS-55511 will not stay on

My tv will power on but then turns back off anywhere between 5 sec. and 3 min. the dam thing will not stay on. I have a service manual for the unit but the manual is very general on repairing the unit. Any one have any ideas on what to look for?

Larry Dillon
Do a service diagnosis on the

Do a service diagnosis on the TV set as described in the service manual and let us know how many times the light blinks. There is a two digit code for this set.

mikeschra
error code 23. also when the

error code 23. also when the tv is on there is horazontal lines that flicker in the picture. also the top and bottom of the picture srink about and inch or two, this also fickers on and off. thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Larry Dillon
A code 23 is an indication

A code 23 is an indication that the set is detecting the loss of the horizontal deflection. This could be as simple as a bad connection on the FBT(flyback transformer), common problem OR others roblems that has caused this were D5A31, Damper diode, Q5A31, Horizontal output, Q5A01, Horizntal regulator, or Q5A51 High voltage regulator. The board, (the one all the way to the right when looking at the back of the set) could be taken out and sent to ptscorp.com to be reworked. You would need to contact them and see if they do this board, get the number of the board off of the bad board before calling them.

rvisokey
I am having a similar problem

I am having a similar problem. I had a huge convergence problem with the blue. I have removed the STK chip and replaced and also 3 burnt 3.9ohm resistors. I double/triple checked all soldering and traces.

Now... when I turn the TV on I get the typical startup blinking green light then black. Next, when I power on the TV I get solid green for 3-4 seconds then power off. Diagnostic code blinks 23.

Where to look next? I looked and can't see any obviously bad/burnt/leaking parts.

Connect With Techlore