BIG SCREEN BLUES!!

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
sweet_t
BIG SCREEN BLUES!!

YellI have a Hitachi 60FX20B.  I just tried to hook up a speaker to the back of the tv, when i did it the tv made a loud noise. I unplugged the set and replugged it.  I tried turning it back on and the tv blink/beeps 3-4 times and the picture went out. I have to unplug and replug the set back up for the option of powering it back on. When i try to turn power on the blinking/beeping continued along with a burning smell. I unplugged the television and as soon as i try to plug in the power again and turn it on, the green led's on the middle of the bottom board and the power light begin flashing along with the beeping. I am not able to turn the television on. Any idea what the problem may be and whether or not a home repair is possible or if there is some sort of reset button... Plz help!!!

Larry Dillon
Nope, no reset button I'm

Nope, no reset button I'm afraid. Once you smell something or hear a popping noise, the damage is done and will need to be repaired by a tech unless you have solid state repair experience. You might have blown out the audio output IC and maybe a few resistors. Like I said, not really a repair for a novice repair person. Good Luck

sweet_t
Oh my goodness!!!..Is that a

Oh my goodness!!!..Is that a very expensive job?

Connect With Techlore