Akai AKAI PT5598HDI Convergence Problem

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Teewinot
Akai AKAI PT5598HDI Convergence Problem

My Rear Proj TV had the convergence problem of the 3D Bowed colors problem many others have had.  I ordered 2 new STK392-040 IC's and replaced them. I put the board back in the TV and the sound would work but no picture. Standby Light will blink 10 times and sound comes on but no picture. I tried unplugging the red connection on the left side of the Convergence Circuit Board and turned on the TV and the same thing, sound works but still no picture.  Someone in another thread unplugged this connection and his menu would come on, but mine won't.  I get no picture.  I was thinking about ordering a complete new Convergence Board with new IC's included, but would like some input into if it may be something else having to do with the power supply or sweep circuit since my tubes are not coming on at all.  Thanks,

Larry Dillon
What do the solder

What do the solder connections look like on the IC's you replaced? Where did you order the IC's from? a lot of the replacement IC's ordered on the net are factory rejects or after market types made in China. You want China made IC's? Lots of lead in them, but that is not really the point, They are crappy IC's. Like most things made in China. They do not work up to most manufacturers specs unless the set your fixing is made in China, and that is probably why it has burned you so quickly. There should be a number on the Printed circuit board. Take that number and go to www.samsungparts.com and enter the part number and see if it is still available. If not, go to ptscorp.com and contact them and see what they charge to rebuild the convergence board you have. Good Luck

Teewinot
The soldering job I did could

The soldering job I did could be suspect. After I installed it and it wouldn't work I took it out and cleaned up the solder and re did it making sure no shorts would occur, but could have had a short the first go around. If I did short something on this board and blew a pico fuse, would the fuse most likely be on this board also? That is why I asked if I could most likely just replace this PCB with a new one. I have seen on another thread that this board does have a replacement. I just hate to order a new PCB if the problem may lie elsewhere. I ordered the STK's from Suburban Electronic. Will a short in the PCB blow a Pico fuse elsewhere in the set, on another board? The main power fuse, (cylindrical glass) is not blown.

Larry Dillon
Go to the resources tab at

Go to the resources tab at the top of this page and click on it. Then click on technicians corner tab. Then click on the uploaded service manuals. In there you will find several Samsung service manuals that will be similar if not the exact TV set. You will need to look in the power supply for these small fuses that are soldered right onto the board to protect the plus and the minus power supply voltages. Good luck

echall
when you get a schematic

when you get a schematic diagram check the pos. and neg 30 volt power supplies
input to the convergence cba and also there are two pico fuses well hidden uder the heat sinks (red and blue) Ed

graveman025
The convergence are not

The convergence are not staying i need help

Larry Dillon
you need to replace the

you need to replace the convergence IC's

Connect With Techlore